Contributor

Croco Fino Large Satchel A258242

I just received this bag in charcoal and IT IS GORGEOUS!! I am really thinking about getting a couple more colors - maybe the Tmoro - and the Santorini Satchel in cognac. I was wondering what others thought of the Santorini and Croco Fino satchels. I have been an Oryany lover for a long time, but these two finishes of the Dooney bags have hooked me. I think I'm gonna need a therapy group.

Honored Contributor

Re: Croco Fino Large Satchel A258242

I love the textures and the colors, I just wish the locks were optional... or at least smaller and more appealing.

Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

On 11/28/2014 stevieb said:

I love the textures and the colors, I just wish the locks were optional... or at least smaller and more appealing.

Wink

I agree. I have an early version of the croco fino and it's beautiful. All the colors and the pattern and texture of the embossed leather are stunning. (I like the croco fino much better than the regular Dooney croco, which I also have and like.) I like the new satchel design better (mine has the foldover top), but I could live without the lock. However, I will probably cave and buy either another croco fino or a Santorini satchel or maybe the tote. I like the satchel better but the lock may be less annoying in the tote.... I have to see them in person to decide.

I have croco fino in blue, dark green, brown, and a burgundy/wine color. Don't remember the exact names and the current collection colors might differ slightly. But all the colors I've seen in person are really rich looking. I'm glad you love your grey.... that one is on my wish list.

Enjoy your new handbag.

ETA: over the years I've bought many {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} Dooney croco leathers in various shades of brown and cognac. They are all rich looking and beautiful. I don't normally buy or wear brown/cognac/tan handbags. But there is something about the Dooney croco leathers in the brown and cognac shades that is really stunning. Not only is the color rich, but in those shades it's very real looking. No, if you hold it next to a real croco handbag it will not look the same, generally the Dooney has much more shine than the real thing, but the color and pattern (in the croco fino) is very good.

I saw a friends cognac croco fino (old satchel). There is lot of definition in the pattern and the highs and lows of the color are very pronounced. At first glance it almost looked like a leopard pattern to me. Very interesting, but I think more of a love it or hate it color.

Honored Contributor

Croco fino was/is one of the most beautiful finishes Dooney has done and I'd long hoped they'd expand the line, so I'm glad they did. Even with the lock, I feel certain at some point I'll have to own one of the larger satchels.

Contributor

Thanks ladies ..... D&B.com has some terrific deals right now. I got weak and ordered the large satchel in Tmoro Croco and Cognac Santorini. Over $250 off + free shipping. My Xmas present to me. These will make great work/office totes/personal handbag combos. Most of the bags I buy nowadays do double duty. I appreciate your input!

Frequent Contributor

Hi kelly11

I just received the cognac and agree with lavender that something about that color and bag that is so iconic- but I can't stop thinking about a gray version! How dark is the gray? Does it look more like black- or can you really tell that it is gray?

Honored Contributor

Grey caught my eye too and I don't really like grey bags all that much...

Frequent Contributor

Hi Stevieb

I had no interest in gray- but now I am thinking that I like it better with the colors of brown, black and gray. I am looking at the samba square satchel ( because it is a different shape)- but everything seems to be sold out

http://www.qvc.com/.product.A255171.html?sc=A255171-ISRC

Contributor

On 11/30/2014 MK in PA said:

Hi kelly11

I just received the cognac and agree with lavender that something about that color and bag that is so iconic- but I can't stop thinking about a gray version! How dark is the gray? Does it look more like black- or can you really tell that it is gray?

To me, the raised "scales" look like a matte black and the little lines in between are clearly grey. I will wear it as both colors.

Honored Contributor

I do love that bag and I it's surprising because I usually don't like croco finishes. I'm looking for an amazing gray bag. I get a nice bonus from work in a couple of weeks, that bag might be my Xmas present from me to me. If the gray is available.