Regular Contributor

The Trade-In Program Question

Use this program and love. Found out about in on here a few years ago so thanks ladies. I know there is a six bag limit per year but wondering if I can send two bags back at once?

Super Contributor

Re: The Trade-In Program Question

Yes, you can I have done it more than once it saved me on shipping because I shipped them in one box.
Regular Contributor

thanks - too late for this one but I will remember this for the future.

Respected Contributor

I just spent $13.00 to ship my purse to Dooney for a trade in and they said I had 199.00 credit for at least a 398.00 handbag. So that would cost me another 200.00 plus shipping and tax to trade it in. You can not use it in a store so I have to use their site and there was nothing I wanted or that was in stock. So they said if I did not use it in 30 days they would return my handbag so that is what I will do and just give away the purse. I can go to a dooney outlet near me and buy most any purse there for less than 200.00 and they have more selection.

Valued Contributor

On 11/29/2014 chiclet said:

I just spent $13.00 to ship my purse to Dooney for a trade in and they said I had 199.00 credit for at least a 398.00 handbag. So that would cost me another 200.00 plus shipping and tax to trade it in. You can not use it in a store so I have to use their site and there was nothing I wanted or that was in stock. So they said if I did not use it in 30 days they would return my handbag so that is what I will do and just give away the purse. I can go to a dooney outlet near me and buy most any purse there for less than 200.00 and they have more selection.

In other words, you will only be spending $200 for a $398 bag. I don't see how it's any different. Most likely you will see newer bags on their site vs at the outlets.
Honored Contributor

On 11/29/2014 chiclet said:

Each to their own, but a four hundred dollar handbag for two hundred bucks seems like a deal to me... You'd have to pay tax anyway, just as you likely will at the outlet, and shipping is usually free over a hundred dollars... Personally, I can't fathom that there's nothing on the entire site that you'd like to have, but hey, if you'd rather give the purse away, that's your choice...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I would rather go to the outlet and get a new bag for $200 or less and give the older bag to someone else to use. That's just my choice. My older handbags are often barely used and in perfect condition. If I know someone else will enjoy using it after I no longer want to keep it, then I don't feel as if my money was wasted. I always offer my handbags to my sister and friends before I donate. And, I don't need the newest styles, so I can usually find many things I want in the outlet or on sale.

But there are lots of ladies that love the trade in program. They love to get the newest styles and colors are a big savings. Each to their own.

Super Contributor

If I remember correctly you can get something less than $398. But you will pay 1/2 the price of that bag. For example if you find a bag for $200. You only pay $100. But no matter how much you spend you always pay $7.50 shipping. That's was I was told on all the trade ins I've done in the past.
Super Contributor

will remember in future.

Super Contributor

Or, you could wait until you see something you like on their website, and THEN send your purse in. Btw, the outlets often have the same exact purses as Qvc. I bought the large florentine satchel for half price at the outlet when it was still "new" and full-priced on Qvc!!