Esteemed Contributor

Can anyone tell me the difference between the coffee and caramel on A260501? On my computer they are identical. Also, are D&B natural, caramel, saddle all the same shade, but named differently to distinguish the leather type?

Honored Contributor

They do look close, but caramel appears to be a lighter milk chocolate color with a bit more tan while coffee appears to be a more rich darker brown. I think in terms of one being cafe au lait while the other is coffee with a hint of cream. The colors are more distinct in the video than in the swatches.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor
On 11/25/2014 stevieb said:

They do look close, but caramel appears to be a lighter milk chocolate color with a bit more tan while coffee appears to be a more rich darker brown. I think in terms of one being cafe au lait while the other is coffee with a hint of cream. The colors are more distinct in the video than in the swatches.

Thanx. Guess I'm looking for something a more natural tan color.

Respected Contributor

Even the same color name can be different on different leathers, so it's very confusing. Natural in Florentine is different from natural in pebbled leather. Caramel is usually similar to natural, but a little darker. I haven't seen the coffee in real life, but it's probably a little darker than caramel and doesn't have as much yellow as the caramel does. Dooney's saddle varies a lot.... sometimes called saddle, sometimes saddle tan, sometimes saddle brown. Saddle is a darker shade than caramel with more red undertones.

I just checked the Dooney site... the caramel looks like a typical Dooney caramel...like the color of a piece of caramel candy.

Esteemed Contributor
On 11/25/2014 lavenderjunkie said:

Even the same color name can be different on different leathers, so it's very confusing. Natural in Florentine is different from natural in pebbled leather. Caramel is usually similar to natural, but a little darker. I haven't seen the coffee in real life, but it's probably a little darker than caramel and doesn't have as much yellow as the caramel does. Dooney's saddle varies a lot.... sometimes called saddle, sometimes saddle tan, sometimes saddle brown. Saddle is a darker shade than caramel with more red undertones.

In the bag you asked about the caramel doesn't look like the typical Dooney caramel, it looks like a light brown. And the coffee looks like a darker brown. See if you can find these handbags on another site.... you might get a different perspective on color.

Thank you lavenderjunkie. On my computer, the caramel looked light brown, too. Good odea - think I'll check out the Dooney site.

Respected Contributor

Golden: see my updated post....caramel in that handbag looks like a caramel candy.

Esteemed Contributor
On 11/25/2014 lavenderjunkie said:

Golden: see my updated post....caramel in that handbag looks like a caramel candy.

Thanx, lav. That's just what I was looking for!