Super Contributor

I love Dooney & Bourke, and I also love the Kansas City Royals. The Royals made it back to the W/S in 2014 after a 29-year drought. SO, I was super excited to click on this bag and order it! Sadly, that won't be possible as KC was left out. I would be upset except that there are only about 6 team options, so lots of others were left out, too.

Honored Contributor

Re: MLB coated cotton handbag

These bags were available all summer for most teams from many retailers that usually sell Dooney. Dooney was also selling them on their website. I'd guess most places aren't selling them now as new and at full retail, but are probably clearing them out. Look around and I'd bet you'll find the one you want and probably for less.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

The Dooney website has the Royals satchel for only $248. Or isn't that the style you wanted?

Honored Contributor

There are lots of D&B styles for sale at the Royals' MLB.com site:

http://shop.mlb.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=1485131&cp=1452354.1452782

Respected Contributor

On 11/23/2014 Tori in KC said:

I love Dooney & Bourke, and I also love the Kansas City Royals. The Royals made it back to the W/S in 2014 after a 29-year drought. SO, I was super excited to click on this bag and order it! Sadly, that won't be possible as KC was left out. I would be upset except that there are only about 6 team options, so lots of others were left out, too.

Hey Tori

If you buy your bag on MLB dot com, you can get a free Dooney MLB key fob. Just put in Dooney at check out in the promotional box. I have my Giants bag and all pieces but got the crossbody and key fob because I could not resist. Smiley Happy

Deb

Ps. Congrats on your team doing so well, they are a class act

Honored Contributor

I almost broke down and got a Nationals bag, you know, before the collapse... in the playoffs... again... But then, true to form, they blew it, ticked me off and I said forget about it!

Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

Thank you all for your responses; I'm going to check the suggested sites and see if I might be able to find this. D&B is my FAVORITE handbag and now it's all I carry. I usually limit myself to one a year, for my birthday, and so I normally purchase ones that are not seasonal but year round; however when I saw this I thought this would be GREAT for spring and summer, if not for me possibly as a gift to my Mom, who started taking me to see the Royals when I was 6! Thanks again everybody!

Super Contributor

On 11/23/2014 SFGIANTSGIRL said:

Hey Tori

If you buy your bag on MLB dot com, you can get a free Dooney MLB key fob. Just put in Dooney at check out in the promotional box. I have my Giants bag and all pieces but got the crossbody and key fob because I could not resist. Smiley Happy

Deb

Thank you. I am proud of them, and this year, they brought a lot of lapsed Royals and Kansas Citians back to baseball. I was sad to see them lose the series, but they went 7 games. . . The Giants were terrific; three players really stood out. I am looking forward to the next season. Not just watching the Royals but my little one, in his third season of Little League.

Super Contributor

I found them on the Dooney & Bourke site; they have the satchel on there! Perfect! Thank you everyone!

Respected Contributor

On 11/23/2014 SFGIANTSGIRL said:

Hey Tori

Deb

Thank you. I am proud of them, and this year, they brought a lot of lapsed Royals and Kansas Citians back to baseball. I was sad to see them lose the series, but they went 7 games. . . The Giants were terrific; three players really stood out. I am looking forward to the next season. Not just watching the Royals but my little one, in his third season of Little League.

Both of my boys play baseball two. My 8 year old will be in his third season and my 13 year old will be playing in an older league until high school, next year Smiley Happy

Deb