Frequent Contributor

Florentine satchel...marine blue or chestnut...??

Looking for everyday winter bag and like the looks of the small satchel,but can't decide what color....I have the logo lock in natural so want something different.... The deep marine blue looks so pretty!...can it be worn with black?... Which color could be worn with everything..... Thanks!
Respected Contributor

Re: Florentine satchel...marine blue or chestnut...??

Yes, you can wear the marine blue with black. Current fashion trends feature blue and black together, although not everyone likes it. Same can be said for chestnut (which is a redish brown).... some people love it with black, others never mix black with brown or blue.

So it comes down to personal preference really. For me, marine would be a better choice... I much prefer blues to browns. I also like the evenness of the marine color. The chestnuts I've seen, in the Florentine leather, tend to have more highs and lows in the color.

Also, since you have another handbag in natural, which is in the tan/brown family, I'd go with the marine to add a totally different look to your handbag collection.

Frequent Contributor

Thanks so much.... This is an investment bag or me, so just wondering from those who have these which looks good with everything..... Marine blue looking nice....then again, the black and gray nice too!.....
Honored Contributor

I am absolutely in love with the florentine leather, it is gorgeous! I bought the Clayton satchel (it's large and heavy and I don't care...{#emotions_dlg.laugh}) I got it in Black on Black and I love it. Love it so much I went back and purchased the "Bone" for summer. It really isn't a bone color, but more of a very light Butter and I'm in love with it.....

Rah Rah Dooney (I'm one of their cheerleaders!) {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Regular Contributor

I have the small satchel in navy cos the price was $199 from i love dooney, but will be buying it or bristol in black, chestnut or natural. My opinion is to buy it in chestnut, black or natural. None will ever look like last years bag, which is why i chose navy over the marine. Fashion colors, to me, should come after the basics unless you're wealthy.

Frequent Contributor

Is there a navy in the small florentine satchel?....I thought the marine color was a dark navy....still a neutral... But maybe I am wrong... Not looking for fashion color really, as I am sure not wealthy...( I have 4 small children!) Anyone know if the marine iis more navy or a brighter blue? I do like the black and the chestnut, along with the marine so hard to decide!
Honored Contributor

I love the marine blue.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Valued Contributor

Oh, I agree on the Blue ! Anyone can carry a brown bag, but that Blue is stylish and sophisticated and unique with any color!

I have the satchel in four colors! Its my favorite Dooney; two for Winter and two for Summer. Carries everything!

Frequent Contributor

Wow, u ladies sure can make a blue hand bag sound good!....leaning for the marine..just need to fill my husband in.... Good to know u like this bag...looked at the bigger size but seems too big....hope this holds all I need
Honored Contributor

Forgot to add that I own the Zip Zip Satchel (embossed croco) in Marine Blue and I love it, wore it all summer and it does accent pretty much everything you wear.... it's a gorgeous color!!

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*