Esteemed Contributor

I just took a long look at the video that QVC supplied in their email on this bag. I have the Chelsea shopper already. I kinda like the looks on this bag, and I like the width. The video states it's scratch resistant and water resistant. I just wish this bag came in Ivy. My chelsea is in navy, and navy is the only color from the choices I would consider getting this bag in. I don't want the same color for the same looking bag. Very excited over the bag, but very disappointed in the colors. Darn, why couldn't this bag come in the Ivy color. I would have jumped on it already. {#emotions_dlg.blushing}

Valued Contributor
Water resistant? While it's cool, the opening of this bag doesnt look water resistant to me at all.....
Valued Contributor
And I have the same dilemma. Got a Chelsea in sky blue already. The color choices aren't too appealing. I like grey but I'm not in love with this bag enough to buy it at this price.
Esteemed Contributor
On 11/14/2014 tough_kitty said: And I have the same dilemma. Got a Chelsea in sky blue already. The color choices aren't too appealing. I like grey but I'm not in love with this bag enough to buy it at this price.

Hi Tough Kitty:

I'm in the same dilemma. I don't have a grey bag at all. That would be the only color I'd consider to even justify this purchase. But, for me this bag with tax and the high shipping cost will be 299 dollars!! That's why I'm a bit hesitant to purchase. Watching the video on the email link it says the leather is light weight. Well, the bag weighs 3 lbs empty. Doesn't sound like a light weight bag to me. As for being water resistant, I get your point in that considering the top is open.

I guess I'm going to have to be up at midnight and see if this bag wow's me or not for the price.

Honored Contributor

Hey, at least you two got a video email... I haven't received anything about this bag to date. QVC took it upon themselves to honor my request to stop emailing me... a request I NEVER MADE and although I requested they reinstate the emails and they supposedly did, I still never get them... I do continue to get TSV emails, usually about four hours after an item has already been presented... This must be one of the MANY improvements... that have resulted from the MANY website system glitches...

That said, I like some of the colors, but have to agree that the color choices for most of the TSV's have been pretty predictable and mundane, with very few newer or more appealing choices... As always, QVC cuts to the lowest common denominator. I do though like the bag in almost all the colors offered, but would only consider it in grey or taupe.

Agree and have said the same thing Bling, for the price, I'm just not sure of this bag. Sorry Q, but three hundred bills for a 'made for Q' bag doesn't strike me as either special or a value... And as for those 'accessories', personally, I think it's time they moved away from including the watered down version of Dooney accessories and just offered a nice bag at a decent price!

Anyone wanting to post the link to the video, it would be appreciated...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Actually, after seeing the TSV preview picture they so generously provided on the homepage... I'm pretty definitely ruling this one out. The grey is too dark and the taupe is too light... Yea, some other color choices would've been nice, like maybe the new smoke or bourdeaux options... The same old red, blue, black and navy have just gotten tired. I suspect many of us already have bags in these 'basics'...

Super Contributor

same dilemma here as well

Super Contributor
Stevie, I'm with you...I don't get some of these Q emails. I do get the TSV emails shortly after midnight daily and the general Q Preview emails which highlight multiple products. As an Insider, I only get the hard copy and once in a blue moon I'm notified by email that it's up online....So weird lol!! Anyway, back to the Dooney TSV...I really like this bag but I don't like the weight nor the price associated with it. This may be one that I actually get from "As Is"....Also, I'm always on the hunt for a bag I can use in inclement weather...the body of this bag may be water resistant, but I'm somewhat doubting the vachetta trim is lol!!! I'd rather use one of my Saffiano Minkoffs, which are truly water resistant. I do love that grey though lol...and that is rare for me and a color I'm missing in my handbag wardrobe...I can't believe I'm saying that with all the bags I have lol! I do have grey tones in my VBs but I only use those within context of my ultra-casual outfits and honestly, they're only a fraction of the bags I use...consequently, I could use a nice grey handbag...but as I stated above, I think it's going to be an "As Is" role of the dice lol!!
Super Contributor
Oh, I do like the purple/violet color too ..but for that price, I certainly can't justify that color lol!!
Honored Contributor
On 11/14/2014 funwun said: Stevie, I'm with you...I don't get some of these Q emails. I do get the TSV emails shortly after midnight daily and the general Q Preview emails which highlight multiple products. As an Insider, I only get the hard copy and once in a blue moon I'm notified by email that it's up online....So weird lol!! Anyway, back to the Dooney TSV...I really like this bag but I don't like the weight nor the price associated with it. This may be one that I actually get from "As Is"....Also, I'm always on the hunt for a bag I can use in inclement weather...the body of this bag may be water resistant, but I'm somewhat doubting the vachetta trim is lol!!! I'd rather use one of my Saffiano Minkoffs, which are truly water resistant. I do love that grey though lol...and that is rare for me and a color I'm missing in my handbag wardrobe...I can't believe I'm saying that with all the bags I have lol! I do have grey tones in my VBs but I only use those within context of my ultra-casual outfits and honestly, they're only a fraction of the bags I use...consequently, I could use a nice grey handbag...but as I stated above, I think it's going to be an "As Is" role of the dice lol!!

Fun, not loving the price either. I've been thinking about this as a possible 'as is' purchase too... Just not into three bills for this bag... As for bad weather bags, I've got some non-leather I default to when the weather gets too messy and recently picked up a few additional non-leather 'fashion' bags cheaply but in colors I wanted... I also sometimes use older leather bags that I don't worry too much about and, of course, there are the coated Dooneys I sometimes use... I too lack much grey, but when I think about it, I know I have a couple, if I can unearth them... As for the emails, who knows how they do things around here! Increasingly, not much about the Q makes much sense!

Wink