Contributor
I received the Aqua today "as is", the bag itself is in perfect condition, but... not one accessory included. Love the size, I'm 5'10". Will wear it now with my black, brown and grey, and lighter colors in the warmer months. Love the pop of color during the dreary winter months. My question is for you ladies that are experienced in buying as is bags, what are my chances in sending it back and getting another in Aqua that "might" include the accessories? I really wish the Q wouldn't accept these bags as returns without all of the accessories intact, seems like some are ordering them just to get the accessories "for free" and then returning the bag for a refund. For the $100 price difference it's not a deal breaker but it sure is frustrating.
Honored Contributor

If you send it back and reorder right away you stand the chance of getting the same bag, unless someone else orders it more quickly. Unless you really want the coin purse, and I wouldn't blame you if you did, what you can do is call them and ask that they knock more off the price of the bag because the accessories weren't included. They almost always will. As is shouldn't mean you get less... If you really want the coin purse, my suggestion would be to wait until after this coming weekend, watch the as-is closely and order a few weeks out when chances are one of them being offered is going to be a more recent return or sample.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Contributor
Thank you stevieb, I didn't know they would knock off a few bucks if I called. The coin purse isn't a must have, I'll probably use that pocket in the bag for my cell phone. It just feels like being ripped off a little, it was my first as is so its a gamble I guess. Thanks again for your helpful response!
Honored Contributor

No problem, and while it's not a guarantee, many folks have found they're willing to work it out with a customer when the accessories are missing. If you run up against a wall, ask for a supervisor, but I think you'll be successful. As-is can be very uneven. Most of my purchases have been just fine, but there is the occasional stinker and I do think it's not uncommon for accessories to go missing. Those coin purses are so popular that I suspect some folks order the bag with every intention of returning it without the coin purse.

Honored Contributor

This is primary reason I wouldn't order the as is orange one that was up back when I first bought my Logo Lock. But if you're ok with not having the coin purse for the savings you got, that's fine.

If you still want it you could take your savings and pick up one of the coin purses on IloveDooney.com right now. None of them are the aqua color so it won't match. If you want to check out the options just search for frame purse on their website. But if you do that, you might as well just buy a new Aqua bag with all the accessories, because the leather coin purses are still 48 dollars.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Trusted Contributor

I don't know how people live with themselves pulling stunts like that. I could never intentionally return something without all the pieces!

KJPA
Honored Contributor

Maybe if Dooney and the Q would offer the coin purse as a separate purchase in all those colors they'd not only sell a ton of them but also avoid people ripping off the coin purses from the Logo Lock bags... What a concept!

Trusted Contributor

Where's the Like button!? ITA Smiley Wink

KJPA
Contributor
Yes, where's the like button?!
Honored Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} I think this is as close as we get to a like button...

or, if you're totally cool, I suppose this one... {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Wink