Honored Contributor

How has your Logo Lock bag held up over the years?

I'm mainly asking about the leather, and especially on lighter colored logo lock bags or other Dooney pebble leather bags. It reminds me of Lisa talking about her GILI Roma bags getting beat up. But I admit I'm not a fan of beat up. I like to take care of my things and have them maintain a reasonably new appearance. Of course any handbag is going to show use. I know when I've checked ebay I'm amazed at how beat up some of the Dooney's are. Not that it's limited to Dooney's but that's really all I look at. Never bought one from ebay because many of them are really beat up or the small savings isn't worth the risk of a fake.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Trusted Contributor

Re: How has your Logo Lock bag held up over the years?

I've only had mine for a couple of months but so far so good. I have the dark brown though. I just worry about the edges looking worn but so far it's just gotten better the more I use it which is almost everyday Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

I use that bag as my everyday bag. Mine is navy and I have used it for four years and it looks great. I do change my bag frequently depending on what I am wearing. The logo bag has held up well in the rainy Pacific Northwest.

Honored Contributor

Mine is going to last forever because I never use it.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

On 11/6/2014 Ford1224 said:

I'm sorry, but this cracked me up...

{#emotions_dlg.laugh} Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 11/6/2014 stevieb said:

LOL, cracks me up too. I offered to my daughters and none of them want it.

So it sits in the closet. I do use the change purse though, love that and use it with all of my other bags. Right now I'm stuck on my Fossil and will probably carry that around for quite some time.

Glad I gave you a laugh!!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Valued Contributor

So it sits in the closet. I do use the change purse though, love that and use it with all of my other bags. Right now I'm stuck on my Fossil and will probably carry that around for quite some time.

Cracked me up, too Smiley Happy Perhaps you should sell it on ebay then.... even if it's only $100 ....it would be a win-win....but I get if you don't want to go through the hassle. I hate selling stuff. Purchasing is way more exciting! Smile

Honored Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} Smile

The change purse seems to be universally adored. I got one from Dooney last "12 Days".

You know, instead of the mantra they keep putting out there about it being only available with the bag, you'd think the Q might figure out that they're sitting on a gold mine, if they'd only work with Doony to offer the change purse on its own! Maybe they will if 'the' bag ever stops selling!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

i have my navy one from when it was first introduced (was it a TSV then?) it is a classic and i am not even that much of a hobo person. it has held up over the past few years, but i only probably use it a total of around 30 days a year, maybe a little more. i have been tempted at times to get another color (the ivy and the teal look gorgeous).

4+ years available with over 3000 reviews and a 4.2 rating says a lot in this case.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Occasional Contributor

Several ladies mentioned that they like the change purse that comes with the Logo Lock bag. Did you know you can purchase just the change purse on I Love Dooney? I got mine about a year ago for $35......I think the last time I saw it, the price had gone up to $45, but at least you can just purchase the change purse without spending several hundred dollars for the purse if you don't really LOVE it.

Good Luck! Sorry that the original poster has had the color of her coat rub off on the bag, hope she can resolve the problem. I know she must be devastated.