Respected Contributor

Has Anyone Received the Dooney Nov. 15th TSV Yet? What is the Leather Like?

Trying to decide on a color for the Dooney November 15th TSV. If anyone has received the bag yet, what is the embossed pebble leather like? Does it look like pebble leather? Is the Grey color a dark steel grey or a mid grey? Thanks so much in advance!

Super Contributor

Re: Has Anyone Received the Dooney Nov. 15th TSV Yet? What is the Leather Like?

I just saw a few D&B in TJ Maxx and Marshalls. Good prices

Contributor

Received the black tsv about a week ago. The leather to me, feels like the saffiano leather. It's not really plush squishy leather like the last tsv or the pebble or dillen leather. It's more stiff. I do love the bag but in the week I've used it, it already has started to wear away the leather at the top where the handles meet the edge of the bag - there's a whitening to the leather where it's wearing away. Not acceptable for such an expensive bag. I will be sending mine back. The handles are attached too low and for that reason it rubs on the leather when you carry it by the handles. Disappointed to say the least.

Honored Contributor

Too bad. Makes you wonder if they'll EVER get it that made for TSV Dooney 'lite' is not the way to go. I'm sure they'll have a successful go of it and sell a ton, but at what cost to customer satisfaction and retention and how many will be returned?

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Hoping to hear some more positive experiences before it comes down to the wire...

Contributor

Yes I'm sure you are right they will sell a ton but a ton will be returned after they get it home and see that it's defective. Unfortunate to say the least.

Valued Contributor

On 11/5/2014 cattitude said:

Yes I'm sure you are right they will sell a ton but a ton will be returned after they get it home and see that it's defective. Unfortunate to say the least.

Awesome. We should all wait for the ""as-is"" version $100 off and then give it a try!

Honored Contributor

That's probably what I'm going to end up doing... The worst that happens it I don't get the 'accessories', which I don't really care about in the first place.

I do, though, hope a grey one shows up quickly...

Respected Contributor

On 11/5/2014 tough_kitty said:
On 11/5/2014 cattitude said:

Awesome. We should all wait for the "as-is" version $100 off and then give it a try! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I wouldn't buy it even for $100 off. If the leather shows wear, I won't carry it.

Valued Contributor

Apparently they made a crossbody bucket version of this bag - D&B on their FB page posted a picture......if it's any indication of what the TSV is going to look like, I think it's a pass for me.