Valued Contributor

MORE CROSSBODY BAGS PLEASE!!!

I have wanted to purchase many beautiful D&B bags. The one thing that holds me back is that I NEED a crossbody. I am sure it must be the most practical of bag styles. Shoulder styles always slip off the shoulder. MY PROBLEM is I had a shoulder surgery that removed my shoulder bone, so I do not have any anchor there. I see many crossbody bags but do they have to be so tiny. Why can't adjustable straps be an added accessory on bags. A crossbody can always become a shoulder style but not vice-versa. Please DOONEY & BOURKE READ THIS!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: MORE CROSSBODY BAGS PLEASE!!!

On 10/19/2014 domenica1 said:

I have wanted to purchase many beautiful D&B bags. The one thing that holds me back is that I NEED a crossbody. I am sure it must be the most practical of bag styles. Shoulder styles always slip off the shoulder. MY PROBLEM is I had a shoulder surgery that removed my shoulder bone, so I do not have any anchor there. I see many crossbody bags but do they have to be so tiny. Why can't adjustable straps be an added accessory on bags. A crossbody can always become a shoulder style but not vice-versa. Please DOONEY & BOURKE READ THIS!!!

Agree. I'm pretty much a satchel person anyway and historically have had no use for a crossbody. I find them uncomfortable to wear but the size has always been a hindrance too... No reason why a crossbody has to be minuscule!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

The Florentine Satchel can be worn crossbody. It's big....but also heavy.... Also, Clayton can be worn crossbody.
Respected Contributor

I agree! I would have ordered the zip zip satchel if it had had a strap long enough to use crossbody. Instead, I'm considering the bitsy bag but it's much smaller.
Regular Contributor

I 100% agree. I've just started wearing crossbody bags in the last year because I need hands free, and I love them. Yes, the satchel and many others can go crossbody, but a wider strap and a little less width make a better crossbody.

My faves are the Florentine Saddle bag, and a B. Mak Cynthia that I picked up on Ebay for $70.

Honored Contributor

What size bag do you need, maybe we can recommend one. Here are some Dooney bags that can be worn crossbody that I like; the Florentine medium toggle crossbody, the Florentine medium pocket satchel, the Florentine satchel, the Florentine saddle bag ( and the Shearling version), Clayton, Florentine Zip Flap foldover, Medium Mail bag. There are more.... Just look at the Dooney site, you can even search just for crossbody bags, there are 36 listed.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

On 10/19/2014 tough_kitty said: The Florentine Satchel can be worn crossbody. It's big....but also heavy.... Also, Clayton can be worn crossbody.

The satchel comes in different sizes too. The full sized satchel is pretty big. I do so love those handles though.

Honored Contributor

I don't know though, those really heavy bags worn cross body are really uncomfortable, for me anyway... I think if I was a cross body wearer, I might actually opt for coated cotton, pleather or fabric in a larger bag...

Honored Contributor

I don't usually wear my satchel crossbody. I carry it on my arm, but I keep the crossbody strap with me so I can switch it when I need to be hands free. Same thing with my pocket satchel. But then I've also been known to shorten the strap on my pocket satchel and saddle bag while I'm out if I'd rather switch to over the shoulder. Sometimes I only need to be hands free for a short time while I'm out and about. I like the versatility of changing it up even on the go.

Honored Contributor

On 10/19/2014 jaxs mom said:

I don't usually wear my satchel crossbody. I carry it on my arm, but I keep the crossbody strap with me so I can switch it when I need to be hands free. Same thing with my pocket satchel. But then I've also been known to shorten the strap on my pocket satchel and saddle bag while I'm out if I'd rather switch to over the shoulder. Sometimes I only need to be hands free for a short time while I'm out and about. I like the versatility of changing it up even on the go.

I'll sling a bag over my shoulder for a few minutes as needed, but almost never do the cross body thing. It's just uncomfortable for me.