Valued Contributor

Why are there 84 'As Is' hanbags?

I noticed there are 84 "as is" Dooney handbags...I have never seen so many I wonder why??

Super Contributor

Re: Why are there 84 'As Is' hanbags?

I think a lot of them would be what would be called spring or summer bags. I would buy another As-Is again, but none of them speak to me; either they're the wrong color or they're too big. Oh well, saving money.

Honored Contributor

Because they now show Dooney all the time... The more they present, the more they sell, the more they sell, the more returns...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

That's nothing...the highest I have seen it is 137

Super Contributor

Because folks order them thinking they're wonderful but once they feel/touch 'em, they realize they've been scammed into ordering just an average purse that they could get a similar one for a fraction of the cost. Back they go!

Valued Contributor

I see 87. Who knows what they do with those bags in the meantime. I returned the DB saddle bag in grey and GILI backpack in black but haven't seen them on sale anywhere. And all Roma 2s disappeared so people can buy Romas from the first edition instead....the returns and defective bags sold on clearance as new even though some of them aren't worth $10..... I know cuz I got a used bag .....
Honored Contributor

I must be the only one who has never returned a D&B handbag...ever. I guess I should count my blessings

Honored Contributor

On 10/16/2014 bluegrassbaby said:
On 10/16/2014 tough_kitty said: I see 87. Who knows what they do with those bags in the meantime. I returned the DB saddle bag in grey and GILI backpack in black but haven't seen them on sale anywhere. And all Roma 2s disappeared so people can buy Romas from the first edition instead....the returns and defective bags sold on clearance as new even though some of them aren't worth $10..... I know cuz I got a used bag .....

That happened to me one time TK, someone even left cash in the zip pocket! Needless to say the bag went back.

All of my 'as is' D&B handbag purchases had all the plastic coverings/registration cars/sleeper bag/stuffing/etc. except one. Inside that bag had the previous owner's ID tags from their job. I wound up mailing them to the previous owner and still kept the bag. If the tags weren't in the bag, I would never had been able to tell it was used Smile

Valued Contributor

A lot of the AS IS bags are the ones they present on the air. I have ordered a few and all have come intact and in good condition
Frequent Contributor

I was looking for the florentine toggle crossbody, I saw that had quite a few on AS IS so I ordered 2, thinking maybe one will be good. I have had all different quality bags show up in the past, mostly not very good, so my expectations are low. I will see what I get.