Honored Contributor

OMG! If D&B has this bag coming out with either brown t'moro or black trim instead of red, I would definitely get it...that would be TDF!!!

I just saw it at Macy's dot com (1717548)... {#emotions_dlg.tt1}

Honored Contributor

Sounds pretty... They do a tartan every year it seems, often red, but usually in another color or two. There's another version of the tartan satchel too.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor
On 10/12/2014 stevieb said:

Sounds pretty... They do a tartan every year it seems, often red, but usually in another color or two. There's another version of the tartan satchel too.

I got the red and black last year of A239419 (for a great holiday deal at Belk's last year...just $111 each with free S&H!). I still would like this new one in a dark trim...time will tell.

The Q has the new wristlet up (A259276), so maybe the satchel will be presented at some time in the future too...no doubt when it's closer to the holidays. It is shown in 2 tartan colors.

Hmmmm...well, I don't use wristlets, but at least I see the options.

UPDATE: Guess I don't have to dream about this zip zip since the bag is 'small'...not a medium size satchel...Boo! I just now had clicked on the pic (at Macy's dot com) where the model/image was carrying the bag and it's a small version. Who knows, D&B usually wind up having each new design in a few sizes/options...

Maybe I'll still get lucky finding something that will work for me Smile

Super Contributor
I love it- and I agree the darker trim would be a great option. Also I would live to see it in a navy plaid
Honored Contributor

Yes, it's on the Dooney site too.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Oh brother, sounds like this is yet another of those Bitsy bags... Even one of the hosts said recently the one she was presenting would make a perfect gift for a child... I know these tiny bags have their fans, and more power to them, I'm simply not one of them. And yes, I suppose it might well be a great gift for a child, assuming one is in the habit of giving Dooney bags as presents to children. Hey, if they want to offer these doll-sized bags, that's fine with me, but they really should check those ridiculous prices for them at the door...

Honored Contributor
On 10/13/2014 stevieb said:

Oh brother, sounds like this is yet another of those Bitsy bags... Even one of the hosts said recently the one she was presenting would make a perfect gift for a child... I know these tiny bags have their fans, and more power to them, I'm simply not one of them. And yes, I suppose it might well be a great gift for a child, assuming one is in the habit of giving Dooney bags as presents to children. Hey, if they want to offer these doll-sized bags, that's fine with me, but they really should check those ridiculous prices for them at the door...

Yep, I had updated my last post...phooey! I can only hope the line is relatively extended and offering the larger/medium/regular size satchels...or maybe a zip-top tote...

Honored Contributor

Susan, I did see what appeared to be a regular satchel is also being offered in the tartan, though it isn't the zip-zip... So far, I'm only seeing it in red.

Esteemed Contributor

I thought it really worked in the wristlet style (Macys)

Dooney & Bourke Tartan Medium Wristlet

and the cosmetic case

Dooney & Bourke Clear Tartan Small Surrey Cosmetic Case

Honored Contributor
On 10/13/2014 stevieb said:

Susan, I did see what appeared to be a regular satchel is also being offered in the tartan, though it isn't the zip-zip... So far, I'm only seeing it in red.

Thanks for the into!

Now it's just a matter of waiting to see if it will be offered with a dark trim...either brown t'moro or black would make it perfect! I really don't like the trim in red...