Super Contributor

Dooney Saffiano Leather Handbags - Opinions please - TIA!

I'm liking the looks of this "new" leather - I haven't purchased one yet - what are your thoughts?

Honored Contributor

Re: Dooney Saffiano Leather Handbags - Opinions please - TIA!

Hi Diane! I love the look of the Dooney Saffiano. I had a thread going not too long ago and while I don't recall that anyone had the Dooney version, I have to say I think they seem to take it to a whole new level... I just wish they offered more silhouettes in this leather option and also wish the Saffiano Zip Zip version was just a little larger. Despite the size, this one is on my list. If you purchase one, please let us know how it works out.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

Hey Stevieb! Yes, I agree the current selection the Q has to offer in this line is rather sparse. With time, maybe a larger selection will become available. Definitely in my radar as well!{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

Diane, I'm loving the small shopper on the DB site. Would love to see it in brick, but it's not currently available, as is so often the case... The only other current color choice that interests me is t'moro, since I still have nothing in that color.

Small Shopper

Frequent Contributor

On 10/8/2014 stevieb said:

Diane, I'm loving the small shopper on the DB site. Would love to see it in brick, but it's not currently available, as is so often the case... The only other current color choice that interests me is t'moro, since I still have nothing in that color.

Small Shopper

The bag is available at ilovedooney for $171 small size and large size $216

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the info. Ivy... I was hoping to maybe snag the small one in brick, but the t'moro is certainly worth thinking about!

Valued Contributor

The Saffiano finish, if you see it in person, seems plasticy to me. It doesn't look or feel like the luxurious leather that I love. I am sure it will hold up, but then it just isn't glove leather. But to each his own.

Honored Contributor

It's clearly a very different finish and I like the texture. No, I wouldn't want all my bags in Saffiano, but as part of my bag wardrobe, sure. I love the look of it!

Frequent Contributor

On 10/8/2014 stevieb said:

Thanks for the info. Ivy... I was hoping to maybe snag the small one in brick, but the t'moro is certainly worth thinking about!

You are welcome

Honored Contributor

The Saffiano leather bags do have a plastic shine, it's some type of protectant. They are easy to keep clean and new looking. You can think of it this way, you can buy the better looking leathers and have them look old before their time, or get the Saffianos and have them maintain their newness. I guess it is a trade off.