Trusted Contributor

Jane is allowing Sue Clifton to talk alot!!!!

It is noticable that Sue is being allowed to share her expertise more. Good for you, Jane-after the caller last night commented to Lisa that she would like to hear Sue talk.

Occasional Contributor

Re: Jane is allowing Sue Clifton to talk alot!!!!

I thought last nights caller was very rude. I'm sure Jane is doing an excellent job as usual and is not influenced by that rude woman from last night.
Respected Contributor

I, too, thought that last night's caller was very rude to Lisa. After all, Lisa is being told by her producer to update, etc. She is the Q's NUMBER 1 Salesperson, and there is a reason why. I think Lisa handled it very well and continued as if nothing happened. She is such a class act! Sue was able to talk. In fact, they both shared the time very well in my opinion. I think Sue was embarrassed by the caller as well.

Super Contributor

Yes, kjae. It is noticeable.

I didn't find last night's caller to be rude. I was watching and at the end of her call-in she made a simple request. There was no snark or nastiness in her voice at all. She just requested what many viewers were likely already thinking.

When any host overtalks any guest, my inclination is to *click* to another channel.

Honored Contributor

Jane seems to dance around the ""kiss lock"" issue.

First she said that it was exclusive to the logo lock bag (which is true - it's the only place you can get it on QVC - paired with the logo lock).

Then she said that they have asked Peter Dooney to make it available as an accessory with other bags and he has said no.

So they are a little LESS deceptive than usual.

Regular Contributor

I thought something was off last night between lisa and Susan. Lisa was not letting her talk and it was uncomfortable. I can see why the caller said what she said and she wasn't rude.
Regular Contributor

I'm with ya kjae! Don't really care others aren't agreeing with me because everybody sees things differently. The point is, Lisa is an attention hog and as someone said in my thread why torture yourself if you don't like the host. Well, I am pretty tolerant but after awhile I couldn't take her double adjectives and seeking feedback on what should she do to get myself to work on time, etc. She makes everything about her...look at me!!! She makes good money, I'm sure. Hire an assistant!! I DID actually have my finger on my mute button just as the caller said what she did. Yes I said bruised ego because, the way I saw it, someone called Lisa out and she was actually taken aback for a second. I know the producers are talking in their ears and Lisa is just doing what she's told. Whatever, NONE of the hosts scream for attention like she does. How else are customers supposed to get their point across...writing to QVC doesn't work. The lady was to the point and diplomatically asked to hear the vendor speak. Who knows, maybe she was actually asking Lisa as a way to nudge Sue to speak a little more. Can any of you think of a better way, if you got on the air, to say it? If not about this topic, but something about a host/situation that aggravates you when you want to hear about a product?Maybe this person doesn't know much about D&B and wants to hear about them. Someone said what else does Sue need to say about the bags. She could say a lot that would be new to people who don't know the brand. Nothing wrong with constructive criticism and that's all it was. If it wasn't constructive, she probably would have told Lisa to just shut up already!
Occasional Visitor

On 10/5/2014 annie57 said: I thought something was off last night between lisa and Susan. Lisa was not letting her talk and it was uncomfortable. I can see why the caller said what she said and she wasn't rude.

Agree. The dynamic between Lisa and Sue was strange last night. It was that same way a couple of weeks ago too (I think it was the day they had the Dooney TSV). It was so uncomfortable then, that I changed the channel. While I like Lisa as a host and I don't think last night's caller should've called just to tell her to let Sue talk, I do agree that something needed to be said to Lisa about the way she's been treating Sue on air. Tonight's show with Jane is much more light and enjoyable to watch.

Honored Contributor

Oh my yes, I'd guess we all know the feeling of really wishing we could tell someone to just shut up already. I know I do.... But then the subject of last night's caller and her level of rudeness has been done and done again, and then all poofed...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I went back and watched the video from last night and while I think it prob made Lisa mad as she wouldn't have made the comment " well, she's my #1 fan isn't she" I don't mind Lisa and with all the hosts or vendors if they are really getting on my nerves then I just turn the channel. I do like Sue also and she does a great job describing the bags. I think numerous people have made complaints either by phone or by email regarding the behavior of some vendors and hosts and not much has changed. I don't think she was rude as her tone was not nasty or loud. I think she just stated her opinion of wanting to hear Sue.