Super Contributor

Has anyone ever done a "Trade In" on a purse that you traded in another one for? Would it work just the same? They would take the retail value and go half? TIA

Respected Contributor

Following...

New Contributor
Our Dillard's has a trade-in day twice a yr; one for Dooney and one for Coach. You bring in any purse in any condition and receive $50 off new purchase. Collected purses are donated to a local charity. The donated bags do not have to be either of these brands.
Super Contributor

I am talking about the trade in you do with Dooney.com.

Super Contributor

Yes, I have traded in a trade-in Dooney at Dooney.com with no issues. Have fun deciding what to get next!

Tami

Valued Contributor

Here's the info from Dooney & Bourke for trading in:

Dooney & Bourke does offer a trade in program. We will offer you half the current retail price on the item that you send in to apply towards a new item of equal or greater value.

Please ship your item back to us via ups or insured mail along with your name, address, daytime phone number and the reason for the return. Once we receive it within 7-10 days you will receive a card in the mail with your options on it. Give us a call and place your new order with us. Please note that some new collections may be excluded from the program.

Ship to:

Dooney & Bourke

Attn: Returns

1 Regent St

Norwalk, CT 06855

Sincerely,

Customer Service

** Please note, the above information must be included with your return or we will be unable to process your request. **

Super Contributor
In September I did a trade in and the only collection that was excluded was Sahara. I called a few days after my trade in arrived and ordered, or you can wait for the letter. You can have up to six trade ins per year. I had no problems with the program. Let us know what you purchase if you decide to do a trade in.
Honored Contributor

So happy to see this thread. I was wondering if Dooney was still offering trade-in. No idea what I want, but I have a Dooney I'd love to sell back to them. Tiem to shop maybe!

Regular Contributor

I had a bad experience with this. I wanted to trade in a bag that had discolored. I was given a large minimum dollar amount that I had to spend. It was around $400 or so. The only items in that range that were on their website at that time was luggage. I tossed the bag and will never buy another one.

Super Contributor

Thanks to all for your input.