Super Contributor

Florentine leather marine vs navy

Does anyone have the Florentine Leather satchel in marine or navy? I'm trying to decide which one to buy myself for my birthday, and can't figure out which color I like better.

On my monitor, the navy on the D&B site looks slightly blueberry/purplish (which I don't want) I want a true navy color. Unfortunately the tab for marine won't change the color on the bag for me, so I can't tell. I don't want it so dark that it looks black.

Anyone have either in real life that wants to describe what it looks like in person?

Thanks!

Respected Contributor

Re: Florentine leather marine vs navy

I don't have either color in Florentine leather, and I know the colors are different in different collections. I did hear a presentation recently and I think Lisa described the marine as darker than navy, more a cross between blue and black and teal. She said the navy was true navy.

Hopefully someone who has one or both of these colors in Florentine will respond.

You can't trust colors on a computer monitor, and I've found in addition, the colors on the Dooney site often appear different than in real life.

Super Contributor

Try A219909 as it is Florentine with both colors. There is a difference, there is something else to the marine.

I do think navy is a true navy but you will have to decide for yourself.

HTH {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Regular Contributor

Thank you Rottie! I just ordered it in the Marine. The Navy appears to be exactly that, I like the Marine better. It seems to be a bit brighter. I've been looking for a cross body with a slight pop of color. I hope its not to heavy which is my complaint with DB bags.

Contributor

While I can't comment on the colors your looking at, I own this bag in ocean blue and it's the best bag I have ever had and am thinking of getting another color. Good luck with your choice.

Super Contributor

Are you getting the large satchel or small?

I have the large in green and while I love it, it can get heavy in a hurry. They need to adjust the shoulder strap to either make it wider or include the slide piece to make it wider across the shoulder.

I do love my satchel and I hope you do as well!!!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Super Contributor

Thanks everyone for your help. I'm still undecided lol.

Rottie - I think I'm getting the small one - the big one looks a bit too large for what I'm looking for.

Respected Contributor

The small Florentine leather satchel is a large handbag... check the measurements, it's a very good size. Even the mini Florentine leather satchel is a pretty good size.... a large medium. I own both sizes. The large Florentine leather satchel is very large and heavy.

The only really small Florentine satchel is the one they call the cross body... that one is very small.

Super Contributor

Thanks lavenderjunkie!

Valued Contributor

I wanted a navy bag and was planning to order the Logo Lock (which I love) but navy isn't available. I ordered this bag instead..it shipped yesterday and I can't wait to get it in my hands !!

<h3 style="font-size: 12px; margin: 0px; padding: 5px 10px; background-color: #efefe7; text-align: left;"> A219915</h3> No Image Found