Regular Contributor

Hi everyone, I have been wanting a pink DB, and finally found one that I really like. It's http://www.qvc.com/Dooney-&-Bourke-Small-Lexington-Leather-Shopper-Hot-Pink.product.A255877.html?ups... . My friend thinks it is a summer-only bag, but I would like to carry it anytime throughout the year. I live in Texas. Opinions? Thanks for your help! In case the link does not work, it is item number A255877 in Hot Pink.

Regular Contributor
Honored Contributor

Re: Summer only or year-round?

I feel certain most folks will tell you there are no longer hard and fast rules and you can use the bag as you see fit. To a large extent that's true. Personally, what I see is a deep pink bag with light leather trim, so for me... this bag would be more for use in the spring and summer.

Dooney & Bourke Small Lexington Leather Shopper

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I would def carry this bag year round ESPECIALLY if I lived in the south like you do!

Even in the northern stinko winters I have...I would use this bag in the winter. I wear a lot of black/dark colors. I think this bag would be a beautiful POP of color to my winter doldrums! Considering it is leather and not canvas (summery material, IMHO) I would use it year round.

I do agree w/ Stevieb that there are no hard and fast rules anymore! Although to be honest, up north I do put away the white bag in the winter. Just old fashioned I guess. But this deep pink bag would make me smile in the winter.

Super Contributor

I agree with Stevieb and RespectLife, this can definitely be an "all year round" bag...

Trusted Contributor

I think the pink one is fine. I wouldn't do a white one in the winter although as others said those rules are going away. And especially in climates that are warmer in the winter!!!

But.... the change of seasons gives me an excuse to rotate my bags. Since I have several (really, just a few) I love to mix them up and give them each a turn to be "The One." Right now I'm still carrying the Dillen in BubbleGum pink but I think this weekend I'm switching to my Red Florentine Vachetta Hobo because it will match my fall clothes better Smiley Wink

NWT DOONEY & BOURKE LEATHER MED POCKET LEATHER DILLEN2 SATCHEL/WALLET B.GUM PINK

Dooney & Bourke Florentine Vachetta Hobo

KJPA
Super Contributor

Well, since you live down South and the Croco texturing lends itself, in my opinion, to all climates....I would definitely label it as a year-round bag. The pink coloring seems to be a little deeper too, which is a good thing in all seasons. I had the same question with one of my MK's bags a few years ago (the Kingsbury Tote in Zinnia Pink)... I did finally decide to use it in the winter because it worked well with a grey fleece coat with deep pink trim I had!
Regular Contributor

Thanks everyone! Y'all are awesome! I don't have any white or bone bags -- I'm always afraid I will get it dirty. But I'm definitely looking forward to using this bag anytime during the year.

KJPA, I love how you said you give your bags their turn to be "the one". LOL I do the same thing.

Respected Contributor

It seems that any color can be worn at any time of the year... depending upon the fabric and texture. This winter light pink and light blue wool winter coats are the height of style. I think with lighter colors in the colder months, the fabric is really important. Leather is more substantial than a fabric and seems to work better in the colder seasons. A croco texture adds even more substance.

If you live in a warm climate, then the seasons aren't as distinct. In the colder climates, with the leaves changing color, many welcome it as an opportunity to bring out seasonal colors and retire the lighter colors until next springs when we crave them again.