Regular Contributor

I have been using my red Buckley bag for about a week now. I absolutely love everything about it except 1 thing. I wish it had a front pocket large enough for my smartphone. Other than that is is the best bag I have ever owned. LOTS of compliments. It hangs on the shoulder quite well. It is very well made! SO easy to open and close....carries a ton!!!!! Sometimes I don't cinch the top. It works either way. I slip my cell into the pocket inside which is fine. Guess I am just used to a front pocket. I am VERY happy!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Buckely Perfect...almost

Sounds like a winner! All these positive reviews are tempting me...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

That's been my reason for not ordering it. It looks lovely, but with a purse that size, I want an outside pocket for my phone. I don't want to have to open it up and fish around for the right inner pocket or for the phone itself if I miss the inner pocket when I put my phone inside. I feel like a large bag needs more organization than a small bag, but Dooney bags pretty much all offer the same number of internal pockets whether bag is small, medium, or large.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not a phone nut so it doesn't bother me at all about no pocket. Worst thing in the world that was ever invented the cell phone!.,
Honored Contributor

On 9/16/2014 BlingQueen022 said: I'm not a phone nut so it doesn't bother me at all about no pocket. Worst thing in the world that was ever invented the cell phone!.,

Hey Bling. Well, cell phones have their moments but I agree, some folks seem to have gone overboard. Personally, I'm so not one of those people that has to have it available at a moment's notice. Hey, if I miss a call, I call them back, and when it's a good time to do so... Otherwise, any other use of my phone can also usually wait until an opportune moment. If a bag doesn't have a special pocket for the darned thing, then I usually use the inside zipper pocket for it... I like bags to have an outside pocket, but I certainly am not ruling out a bag I otherwise love because it lacks an instantaneously accessible cell phone pocket! I take it you're still loving your Buckley? Meanwhile, I continue debating colors!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

On 9/16/2014 stevieb said:
On 9/16/2014 BlingQueen022 said: I'm not a phone nut so it doesn't bother me at all about no pocket. Worst thing in the world that was ever invented the cell phone!.,

Hey Bling. Well, cell phones have their moments but I agree, some folks seem to have gone overboard. Personally, I'm so not one of those people that has to have it available at a moment's notice. Hey, if I miss a call, I call them back, and when it's a good time to do so... Otherwise, any other use of my phone can also usually wait until an opportune moment. If a bag doesn't have a special pocket for the darned thing, then I usually use the inside zipper pocket for it... I like bags to have an outside pocket, but I certainly am not ruling out a bag I otherwise love because it lacks an instantaneously accessible cell phone pocket! I take it you're still loving your Buckley? Meanwhile, I continue debating colors!

Hi StevieB. I haven't put that bag down yet since I got it. It's a great bag. Never falls off the shoulder either. It's a great bag. If the NuBuck bag was a true ivy color, I would have ordered that one also.
Honored Contributor

I have the marine blue one, and love it so much. My cell phone is nice to have, but I do not have to grab it, in fact, I can return the call when I am free to do so.
Regular Contributor

I certainly can understand your point. Everyone has their own opinions but for me my smartphone is an amazing tool I use to run my business.

I'm a personal trainer/martial art instructor and am often on the road. I have a schedule that varies each day. I use my calendar, I use my banking app, I use the camera, I use the internet, gps (lol often get lost on my way to clients homes), I store all my client's workouts and info in office on my phone, have playlists on it, I could go on and on. What if I lost my phone? Its all backed up on my pc. It makes it SO much easier to carry this around instead of piles of paperwork, my ipod, a calendar, etc......

BUT I am getting used to my phone on the inside pocket. LOVE LOVE LOVE this bag....the red is a great color!!!!!!

Regular Contributor

Do it!

Respected Contributor

On 9/17/2014 Kempokim said:

Do it! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

You all are such enablers! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

I'm still waiting for my little bitsy bag to go on sale (or 6 easy pays, whichever comes first!) {#emotions_dlg.wub}