Contributor

Macy's won't sell me Buckley bag

I want the natural color and Macy's is the only place that has it in stock right now. I haven't ordered anything from them in a couple of years, but I do most of my shopping online (QVC, Amazon, AT, 6pm) I placed the order on Saturday and that night I received an e-mail telling me they had cancelled my order and to call their consumer protection department. When I called, they said they could not verify my information and they couldn't tell me what they couldn't verify. So I guess I've been blacklisted and I have no idea why. Has anyone else had this happen to them at Macy's? Any idea where I can find the Buckley bag in natural? Thanks!
Honored Contributor

Re: Macy's won't sell me Buckley bag

I got this run-around with I Love Dooney and never was able to resolve it. Of course, they made it clear they had no interest in resolving it and that it was all on me, though they never could tell me what the supposed problem was. A friend of mine had the same problem and somehow worked it out using a different card and re-registering using a different email address... I've known others who were registered but had to check out as a 'guest' to get their orders to go through... None of us had any known issues with our accounts so we were never able to figure out the issue. It was especially odd since I've shopped before on the Dooney website, and supposedly ILD is part of Dooney... Go figure... I solved the problem by ordering using Pay Pal but now am very reluctant to shop with them, which is their loss... I say all this to indicate that in today's age of electronic sales, there are just so many variables and, of course, security is a big issue, as it should be. Still, none of these things should keep a legitimate customer from shopping... Were I you, I'd call Macy's back and speak with a manager or supervisor. I've usually found they're invested in ensuring customers can shop with them. As far as where else it might be available, I have no idea. I see it's out of stock even on the DB site... Good luck!

Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I was in Macy's earlier this year and purchased a handbag. I used my Macy's card to get an extra percentage off and they had inactivated my card for nonuse. I was able to buy the bag but had to reapply for my card. Could that be the problem?

Contributor

Thanks for the replies. I shop so much on line that I was just shocked that they did this. I used a debit card and it showed up on my bank account, so that was not the problem. I don't have a Macy's card (or any credit card). I did not think about PayPal. I'm not sure they accept that.
Valued Contributor

Wow, that is so weird! I agree with Stevie, you should call them or go to Macys in person and find out what the issue is!
Super Contributor

You need to check with Telecheck or your CBR (Credit Bureau Report) There is something that needs to be satisfied or verified. Macy*s should have given you a 1800 number to call.

Frequent Contributor

I had something similar happen with Macy's just recently. My husband and I were at the local store and purchased a pressure cooker. It was on sale and oddly enough it came to exactly $100.00. Seeing that I hold a Macy's American Express which I rarely use, I figured I would use it for the purchase. The sale went through with no problem. The next day we used the cooker and really liked it so we decided to order one for my MIL and have it shipped. I placed the order on-line using the AmEx card and it appeared it went through. About 5 minutes later, I received an e-mail that my order didn't go through with no reason. Confused, I called Macy's CS and was told there was a "glitch" in the system and they would place the order manually which they did. About 20 minutes later, that's right, another e-mail came through advising that yet again the order couldn't be placed but no reason as to why. Back on the phone again with CS. The rep was confused but she went back and spoke to a supervisor who said that there was a problem with the card. Huh? I had just used it the day prior and there was no problem at all!

Finally, I call AmEx for clarification. I was told that if you have a Macy's AmEx card, and don't use it frequently, AmEx will automatically reduce your credit limit to $100. Once the credit limit was raised, the order went through and problem went away.

Contributor

Thanks Champagne. I didn't realize telecheck still existed. I understand what you're saying, but why would they do a credit check on you when you are paying with a debit card. When I googled the issue, most people that this happened to said it had to do with phone numbers that did not match. The rep told me that she could not tell me what information they could not verify. She treated me as though I was the criminal. (My credit is fine, so that would not be an issue.)
Respected Contributor

On 9/14/2014 Chimi said:

I had something similar happen with Macy's just recently. My husband and I were at the local store and purchased a pressure cooker. It was on sale and oddly enough it came to exactly $100.00. Seeing that I hold a Macy's American Express which I rarely use, I figured I would use it for the purchase. The sale went through with no problem. The next day we used the cooker and really liked it so we decided to order one for my MIL and have it shipped. I placed the order on-line using the AmEx card and it appeared it went through. About 5 minutes later, I received an e-mail that my order didn't go through with no reason. Confused, I called Macy's CS and was told there was a "glitch" in the system and they would place the order manually which they did. About 20 minutes later, that's right, another e-mail came through advising that yet again the order couldn't be placed but no reason as to why. Back on the phone again with CS. The rep was confused but she went back and spoke to a supervisor who said that there was a problem with the card. Huh? I had just used it the day prior and there was no problem at all!

Finally, I call AmEx for clarification. I was told that if you have a Macy's AmEx card, and don't use it frequently, AmEx will automatically reduce your credit limit to $100. Once the credit limit was raised, the order went through and problem went away.

What a pain for you. Macy's sent me that card last week and I cut it up. I had a $5000.00 card before tnat used it a lot and always paid it off. Then we quit using it for a year or so, and guess what? $100.00 like you, because I hadn't used it. I was so darn mad I paid cash and don't even go in there now.

I also have some kind of Macy's Visa card that is not used, to it's probably the same way.

I love Macy's but don't buy much there anymore. Dillard's clerk told me they are canceling cards now if not used, so I use it a little because I like Dillard's.

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Honored Contributor

I understand the need for security and for retailers to deal with their management of our credit effectively, but I have to say I too have had a few misunderstandings leading to bouts with Macy's over the years. They or whoever manages their cards seems to take it to a whole and sort of ludicrous new level.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...