Honored Contributor

Anybody own anything Saffiano from Dooney?

If so, what to you think...? What have been your experiences...?

I absolutely loved the look of the leather and the colors presented earlier in the Saffiano Zip-Zip. Too bad, though, that the bag itself was just a little too small for me.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor
I do not own any DB saffiano , but I just recently bought Kate Spade saffiano(I posted a pic of it on All about handbags). Love that leather, very practical and I get complements every day. I've seen presentation of DB ,looks nice.
Occasional Contributor

They have a large selection of the saffiano on D/B website in many different styles. I thought the zip zip was a little small as well.

Honored Contributor
I have a couple of Saffiano bags from Sharif on HSN. They look and feel exactly like vinyl. The close-up of the Dooney bag looked the same. I don't understand why anyone wants to take nice leather and process it to look like plastic.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor
As I said before, saffiano leather looks plastic to me, but that's just my opinion. I do like the zip zip satchel style, but I have to agree - I saw it at Macy's and decided it was way too small for my needs.
Respected Contributor
On 9/13/2014 kachina624 said: I have a couple of Saffiano bags from Sharif on HSN. They look and feel exactly like vinyl. The close-up of the Dooney bag looked the same. I don't understand why anyone wants to take nice leather and process it to look like plastic.
Hi kachina, my saffiano by Kate Spade does not look like vinyl ,it looks very very expensive and the reason all high end companies are doing it because it is scratch resistant. I think Prada started it.
Honored Contributor
Yes, I can definitely see that it would be scratch resistant....and waterproof too.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I guess, like in many things in life, there are different qualities in Saffiano leather. The zip zip, which is one of my favorite styles, seemed a perfect style for the Saffiano leather. But I haven't seen it in person yet. Most of the other styles done in Saffiano leather don't appeal to me... I don't like the way those styles and leathers look together.

Super Contributor

Saffiano is way to smooth and plasticy (is that a word) just like pleather/vinyl. Not a good look.

Trusted Contributor

I have to agree about the plastic/vinyl look and feel. Don't really care for it.