Not applicable
Just received my first Buckley and absolutely love it. The shoulder strap is a little shorter than I would like though. I know it is supposed to be adjustable but I'll be darned if I can figure out how to do that. The rivets(?) seem like they should come out but I can't get them to move and do not want to damage this gorgeous bag. Any ideas?
Esteemed Contributor

My bag is fine the way I received it for my shoulder, but I had another Dooney bag that needed adjustment. My husband wrapped some fabric around a small wrench as to not leave dents in the leather. He took the fabric coated wrench and popped the leather out of the strap and adjusted the strap. Took some muscle to do it but it didn't leave dents in the leather at all. Most of the time when I receive a dooney bag with those straps it doesn't need any adjustments, fortunately.

Not applicable
Help! I have the same problem. I managed to 'unbutton' after 45 minutes working at it, breaking a sweat and making my thumbs very sore. Don't get pegcullen@comcast.net wrong - I love Dooney bags and have been collecting them since the early '80's - I've lost count of how many I have. So, what's the trick to adjusting this "easily" adjustable strap.