Super Contributor

Green Dots Are Alive and Well!

I got my new grey Dooney Florentine Small Satchel last night and fell instantly in love. However, this morning in the light of day, I find several major flaws in the leather on the sides of the bag and the front plus ... A GREEN DOT ON THE PLASTIC IT WAS WRAPPED IN!

I had read here previously about the dreaded green dot, and didn't really think it meant anything. But now, I believe it! I spoke with a Dooney rep this morning and she said the dot was definitely a QVC thing, not a Dooney corporate thing. So, there you go. I am SO disappointed!!!!!!!!!!! That bag was to die for.

Respected Contributor

Re: Green Dots Are Alive and Well!

I have ordered a handbag direct from D & B and the plastic bag had a green dot on it. There was nothing wrong with the purse that I could see.

Super Contributor

Well, I know there was loads of controversy about this topic a while back and I sure don't want to debate it. I'm just passing on my personal experience with this QVC bag and my 1:1 conversation with an actual Dooney rep this morning on the phone. Actually truth be known ... we'll never KNOW the real truth. I'm re-ordering this bag in hopes of a perfect one. I just fell in love with it and really want it for the fall/winter.

Super Contributor

Interesting. I ordered a Chelsea Florentine directly from Dooney, it came with a green dot on the bag. The Chelsea is perfect. Hmmmm........
Super Contributor

Does the green dot mean it's a return? Flawed?
Respected Contributor

philogirl: no one knows for sure. There are lots of theories and supposed 'facts'. All I know is I've bought handbags from the Dooney retail boutique where the plastic bag or Dooney tag had a green dot and I've bought Dooneys that have been shipped from the Dooney warehouse and they sometimes had a green dot. And all those bags with the green dots on the plastic or the Dooney tag were perfect (an I'm very picky). I've seen Dooney handbags without a green dot and some of those handbags had defects and some were perfect.

I've been told (by someone who works for Dooney) that the green dot is just an inventory control marker. But some ladies are sure it means something else.

Super Contributor

Thanks lavenderjunkie. That makes sense.
Super Contributor

UPDATE: I just got my 2nd gray florentine small satchel and it did have the green dot on the plastic. It was also scratched!!!!!!!!!!!! Honestly, could it be that the gray florentine simply cannot be pristine? Also on one side, the tied tassels are uneven. One is much longer than the other. SO FRUSTRATED.

Regular Contributor

Expatgal, sorry you are having so many problems. For what it's worth, I received the Florentine Saddle Bag in chestnut yesterday, all wrapped up looking like it was new and not a return, and it had a green dot on it. It's perfect, no issues whatsoever.