Super Contributor

Leather Conditioner on Florentine Satchel?

I just got the gray florentine small satchel ... LOVE!{#emotions_dlg.tt1} I have a feeling this leather will scratch very easily since it isn't pebbled leather like my other small satchel. I was wondering if I could use my Brahmin leather conditioner on it perhaps. Anyone tried this? Does it really protect it? Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Re: Leather Conditioner on Florentine Satchel?

Dooney says not to use anything on the Flo leather.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

Dooney says not to use anything, you can check the care guide on their site.

Lots of ladies on the Purse Forum use conditioners on their handbags. I don't know what brands. They seem happy with the results. Although every once in a while someone reports a problem, they swear it has nothing to do with the conditioner, but..... we really don't know if it was some interaction of the conditioner they used with the dye of the handbag or the storage bag or the environmental conditions of their closet.

I don't condition my Dooney handbags.

Super Contributor

Sad{#emotions_dlg.crying} to report, my initial joy over my new grey Florentine came to an abrupt halt this morning when I looked it in the daylight. It is full of white streaks on the sides of the bag, there are several scratches that can't be buffed out, and most of all what I didn't notice last night when it came ... THE DREADED GREEN DOT! I've been on the phone this morning with 2 CS reps, they know "nothing about the green dots" and basically will pick up return shipping, but can't guarantee I won't get another flawed $400 bag if I reorder! Wow. Just wow. I tell you, there IS something to those little green dots on the plastic wrapping of QVC bags. Plus, I spoke to a Dooney rep this morning, and she said the dots were definitely a QVC thing, not a Dooney procedure.