Esteemed Contributor

I'm In Buckley Florentine Heaven!

Just received the Buckley bag in the Marine Navy and wowza{#emotions_dlg.tt1} This has to be my favorite florentine bag. I have many, but this one beats them all hands down! It's a beautiful bag in the Maine Blue (navy). The handles with the whip stitching are gorgeous and very sturdy. The shoulder strap can be adjusted to either short or long. Mine was delivered right where the strap should be. It stays on the shoulder ladies. It wouldn't fall off it tried! I thought the bag would be too heavy loaded up, but since the bag won't budge from your shoulder, you really don't feel the weight that much. The leather is so gorgeous and so color saturated. It's very fast and easy to open and once it is open you can see everything. I love the green colored suede inside collar as I always have in the florentines. This bag is a winner!!! The quality in this bag is over the top. Well worth the money spent. It has the old nice red lining with inside pockets and a zip compartment on the inside of the back wall. I just love this bag. Just love it{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Frequent Contributor

Re: I'm In Buckley Florentine Heaven!

That is good to hear!!My chestnut one should be here today also!!Very glad to hear you love your marine bag,beautiful color!!Hurry up ups man!Glad to hear you can see in well,I was concerned about that.Thanks for your reviewBlingQueen.
Esteemed Contributor

hi Jazalboy. You're welcome. You sure can see in well. The thing I was worried about the most was that pull leather tie that opens the bag and shuts it. I was hoping that when it was closed it didn't stick out from the bag. It doesn't. It hangs nice and flush against the body of the bag. I have mine all loaded up and ready to take it for a stroll on errands today, lol. I'm just totally thrilled with this one and I know you will be also. The hardware is amazing. Nice and bold and well done. Please post your review when you receive yours. I'm sure you're going to be in Florentine heaven too.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Frequent Contributor

Enjoy going out and about today with beautiful bag BlingQueen!My ups man comes between 4 and 5,so I have a few more hours to wait!!Will let you know!
Esteemed Contributor

On 8/28/2014 jazalboy said: Enjoy going out and about today with beautiful bag BlingQueen!My ups man comes between 4 and 5,so I have a few more hours to wait!!Will let you know!

Fabulous! I was just on way out the door to run to the car wash and the grocery store for a few things. I'm so excited for you to get your bag today. Looking forward to your review. Wait until you put it on your shoulders and you see that the strap won't move. That's a major plus. Hope 4 and 5:00 comes soon!!!!

Respected Contributor

BQ: congratulations on your new marine Buckley handbag. It's sounds like it's perfect. I have an older Florentine drawstring and it's very hard to open and close. It also doesn't have handles, only a shoulder strap.

Jazzalboy: hope your chestnut is a winner too.

Esteemed Contributor

On 8/28/2014 lavenderjunkie said:

BQ: congratulations on your new marine Buckley handbag. It's sounds like it's perfect. I have an older Florentine drawstring and it's very hard to open and close. It also doesn't have handles, only a shoulder strap.

Jazzalboy: hope your chestnut is a winner too.

Thank you Lavenderjunkie: I had to get into this bag today a few times while running errands, and it was fine opening and closing. I was afraid it wouldn't be, but the slide leather thingy (don't know the technical name for it, lol), worked very fast. When it's closed the slide doesn't stick out from the bag. Very well designed. Right now I have a strong rubber band around one of the tassels because they were a bit separated from shipping. My bag was in a huge box with no fillers to stop shifting in transit. So right now holding a rubber band around the end of one of the tassels. Had to do that to another bag also at one time, but at least it works. It wasn't a heavy bag to tote around with it on my shoulder or carrying it by the handles. This will definitely be a bag that will get a lot of use. Make it a safe happy holiday on Monday. So happy I have an extra day off.

Honored Contributor

Enjoy your new bag BlingQueen!

Super Contributor

You and I "chatted" about this bag the day it was shown and we both chose the same color. Mine should be waiting for me when I get home and after reading your post, I am sooo excited! Glad to hear how happy you are with yours.

Esteemed Contributor

On 8/28/2014 Susan Louise said:

Enjoy your new bag BlingQueen!

Hi there Susan you cutie. Thank you. I have to say the Florentine line is my favorite from Dooney. Hope you have a fabulous weekend and upcoming holiday on Monday. Make it a safe happy one.