Valued Contributor

DB Toledo Leather Pouchette Bag

http://www.qvc.com/Dooney-&-Bourke-Toledo-Leather-Pouchette-Bag.product.A257674.html?sc=A257674-24HR... Wow, I can't believe this. The bag presented is clearly Toledo leather and Sue keeps saying "because it's florentine leather.." Huh??? She doesn't know the difference??? The purse is cute, by the way, but I am not a fan of Toledo leather. If it actually WAS florentine leather I might have considered it.
Respected Contributor

Re: DB Toledo Leather Pouchette Bag

TK: I've heard conflicting presentations about the Toledo leather.... it's Florentine, it's Italian, it's thinner than Florentine ?????? I wish they would make up their minds.

BTW, I think the whole Florentine leather nomenclature is somewhat ambiguous. Apparently all it really means is the leather was manufactured using a process that originated in Florence Italy. We know that the leather itself varies... smooth, pebbled, etc. Some of it is very soft and some of it is stiff. The handbags aren't made in Italy. And I don't really know if the leather used today is processed in Italy by old world leather factories.

Valued Contributor

Yeah, interesting. They got lost in their own naming, seems like Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

I've heard them say the Toledo is a version of Florentine, but who the heck knows... Personally, I think they've all jumped the shark with all this ooohing and ahhhing over Florentine leather in the first darned place! They're both pretty. The Toledo is more of a glazed leather while the Florentine has less sheen...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Frequent Contributor

The toledo leather is good leather softer than florentine , more shine and you don't have to worry about scratches or if get under rain. I own 2 for the pouch the had yesterday show the same bag was $99 at the outlet maybe 2 months ago.

Valued Contributor

That's my point - these are 2 different kinds of leather, so not sure why Sue calls Toledo leather Florentine... I have florentine satchel and prefer it to shiny Toledo texture. I saw Toledo in person and wasn't impressed.