Respected Contributor

No Sambas Today on the Dooney Show!

I was surprised that there were no Sambas featured on today's show with Jayne Brown. Maybe tomorrow, they will be featured!

Honored Contributor

Re: No Sambas Today on the Dooney Show!

Overall, I'm not thinking the Samba has taken the world by storm...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

Lol. Oh shoot. I totally forgot about the show. Got the last minute invite from friends/neighbors and spent the day on a lake. They have their own boat. It was nice. Didn't think once about dooney bags. Or any bags for that matter. Hahaha.
Honored Contributor

You didn't miss much... and heaven only knows it'll all be repeated. They showed the Chelsea in Florentine and in another leather, of course the blasted Logo Lock and this ridiculous tiny bag that might work for those requiring a small bag but for the fact that they did it in a Zip-Zip satchel silhouette and it just looks very odd when holding it as a satchel. They also showed a somewhat neat new coated cotton satchel in a herringbone pattern. Interesting that whenever they do Florentine lately, it seems the whole bag is the same color. I'm thinking here about the Chelsea and the Bristol, both of which lack contrasting trim. There were a few other bags featured, but nothing else new and interesting that I can think of... It's pretty clear what their selection of fall and winter colors are going to be and they seem somewhat limited.

Believe me, you were better off at the lake... Rainy day here yesterday, so I had it on in the background while I was futzing around the house and reading.

Valued Contributor

Stevie, thanks so much for the update! I'm not impressed with "new" bags either. It would be nice to see more newer shapes....but maybe I should just stay away from all the bags altogether.... Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

On 8/24/2014 tough_kitty said: Stevie, thanks so much for the update! I'm not impressed with "new" bags either. It would be nice to see more newer shapes....but maybe I should just stay away from all the bags altogether.... Smiley Happy

Maybe we all should, TK, but, of course, we know we're not going to!

Wink

Valued Contributor

On 8/24/2014 stevieb said:
On 8/24/2014 tough_kitty said: Stevie, thanks so much for the update! I'm not impressed with "new" bags either. It would be nice to see more newer shapes....but maybe I should just stay away from all the bags altogether.... Smiley Happy

Maybe we all should, TK, but, of course, we know we're not going to!

Wink

Haha, true Smiley Happy but at least now I know I'm limited to just a few brands - DB & maybe GILI. I think I'm done with Oryany and MK styles are too repetitive. One of his bags is more than enough.
Valued Contributor

I want a DB bag in grey Smiley Happy tmoro is nice too but I have too many brown bags already.
Valued Contributor

Another DB show in 3 hours? Smiley Happy I will be watching this time!
Honored Contributor

I was an utter slug yesterday and never left the house, so I HAVE to go out today... I have to go the grocery store and run a few errands. Some friends of mine own a nearby jewelry and gift shop, which also sells home decor items and handbags, clothes and other accessories; and a few times a year they hold a 'reception', for supposedly 'preferred' customers, when they offer sale pricing and layaway along with what are usually some nice edibles and wine. I really don't want to go, but skipped the last one, so will probably at least make an appearance... Long story short, I won't be watching today's show, though I might DVR it and scan through it later...

The grey is quite pretty and I wouldn't mind having something from DB in grey myself. Still, no matter how many brown bags I have, the t'moro is a beautiful rich color and so before my handbag buying days are completely behind me, I do need to find something in that color to add to the collection!

Enjoy the show!