Honored Contributor

Did the Sambas Fall Flat...?

There was a fair amount of buzz before they were finally unleashed, but not much since then... Sort of leads me to believe that at least among QVC's Dooney fans the Samba in its various incarnations might not have set the world on fire... Anyone jump on the Samba bandwagon or, as seems to be a prevailing opinion, did the lock leave you sort of cold...? If you bought one or are holding out for one, which one turned your head?

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Frequent Contributor

Re: Did the Sambas Fall Flat...?

I waited for the pictures to finally pop up because I wanted the black. Glad I did, because who wants a black bag with a brown stripe through it? Not me. The "black" on the Dooney site is 100% black.

I don't care for how they connected the leather on the front either. I would prefer one solid piece.

Honored Contributor

just received one 2 days ago and it is a beauty! it has that wonderful leather smell, feels soft yet sturdy, and the style and size are perfect for me. love the new logo lock. it looks even better in person than it did online.

Dooney & Bourke Samba Leather Belted Shopper

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

The tote design is really nice, but the leather looks puffy....especially @ the seams. Since it doesn't lay down flat, the seaming in front really makes a strong statement versus the leather band @ the top. The eye goes to the seaming. Is it my imagination? Or do I just have an eye for this?

Super Contributor

this tote design is really nice,

Respected Contributor

I've seen the Samba in person. If it weren't for the lock, I'd be all over the bag. The leather is soft and thick and beautiful. The designs are lovely. But I don't like the weight of the lock (much too heavy), nor do I like the look of the lock. Like the heart hardware on the quilted collection, the lock on the Samba is enough to keep me away.

Super Contributor

I purchased the satchel in purple. I really like everything this handbag has to offer. Nice size, not too weighty. The lock gives it a unique look. The leather is very nice. The shoulder strap is substantial. Thumbs up from me{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

I was somewhat relieved I did not like the Samba styles due to the large, floppy lock that others have described as heavy as well. I need to join stevieb's bag lady club because I have too many Dooneys and other purses! {#emotions_dlg.ohmy} I'm trying to tone it down...dial it down...simma down...

Honored Contributor

On 8/9/2014 sunshine45 said:

just received one 2 days ago and it is a beauty! it has that wonderful leather smell, feels soft yet sturdy, and the style and size are perfect for me. love the new logo lock. it looks even better in person than it did online.

Dooney & Bourke Samba Leather Belted Shopper

I really thought I wanted this shopper in the larger version, as I think it's quite appealing. Then, upon seeing it presented, I started thinking it was a tad larger than I really wanted, but the smaller version isn't very deep, which is important to me... I still haven't ruled out a purchase, but were I to buy, I want this one in brick red rather than the cherry offered here and, like others, I'm unsure of the lock...

Honored Contributor

On 8/9/2014 sidsmom said:

The tote design is really nice, but the leather looks puffy....especially @ the seams. Since it doesn't lay down flat, the seaming in front really makes a strong statement versus the leather band @ the top. The eye goes to the seaming. Is it my imagination? Or do I just have an eye for this?

The seams are rather pronounced but that wouldn't be a deal-breaker for me. My eye does go to the seaming, but it lands on the trim first. I wonder what this bag would have looked like had the seams been piped in the same color leather as the trim...