Super Contributor

Dooney's "Bone" color can anyone describe it?

Is it more of a buttery light yellow or more of a light beige? Every picture and video I see of it looks different. Does anyone have it that can describe the color in person?

Honored Contributor

Re: Dooney's ""Bone"" color can anyone describe it?

I got a bag in this color and sent it back... It's a pretty color, but wasn't the 'bone' I wanted. To me, it was more of a custard color. It's not exactly yellow and it's not exactly beige, but it's not a true vanilla or off-white either.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

It's like French Vanilla ice cream. I liked it online and on QVC presentations with the bright TV lights, but when I saw it in person at a D&B outlet store, I did not like it at all.

Super Contributor

I too ordered a ""bone"" Dooney and returned it. It wasn't bone at all IMHO. It was more of a creme brulee (sp?) color - a hint of yellow - definitely not a true bone.

Super Contributor

Thank you ladies for replying. I decided to go with the natural instead. I ordered from I Love Dooney's Ebay store. I hope it turns out ok. I have never ordered from there before but they are supposed to have new items so it sounded good. I wanted a lighter color and would have loved an off white or even light beige, but I am not a big fan of yellow.

Honored Contributor

I think you'll like the natural, but in fairness, the bone has only a hint of yellow, I wouldn't say the color reads overall as pale yellow at all... Still, it's not the true winter white 'bone' Dooney offered in the past. Personally, I wish they'd bring back the beautiful oyster color from last year.

Trusted Contributor

I have the Clayton in bone and love it. To me it is a true sand color. It's pale, warm but not yellow-y. I think dooney should have given the color a different name. Bone isn't accurate. Hope this helps
Super Contributor

On 7/27/2014 ugabugaboo said:

Thank you ladies for replying. I decided to go with the natural instead. I ordered from I Love Dooney's Ebay store. I hope it turns out ok. I have never ordered from there before but they are supposed to have new items so it sounded good. I wanted a lighter color and would have loved an off white or even light beige, but I am not a big fan of yellow.

I have ordered from them frequently and have never had a problem. I have even experienced hassle free returns with prompt refunds...

Super Contributor

Thanks Cgil, that's good to know! The Natural was on sale $47 cheaper than the bone. Not sure why they are different prices based on the color; but I have the bone saved under my watch list. Maybe I will get lucky and they will reduce it too!

Honored Contributor

On 7/27/2014 ugabugaboo said:

Thanks Cgil, that's good to know! The Natural was on sale $47 cheaper than the bone. Not sure why they are different prices based on the color; but I have the bone saved under my watch list. Maybe I will get lucky and they will reduce it too!

My guess is that since natural is one of the basic, tried and true neutral colors they produce more of them and mark them down more often. I wouldn't be surprised to see the bone marked down as we move into fall and they release more fall and winter colors. Which bag silhouette are we talking about, if you don't mind my asking?