Frequent Contributor
I have a question. I have heard that the blue storage bags have a tendency to bleed. I am picking up white pillowcase protectors and slowly replacing them. Has anyone had a dye transfer problem? Thank you.
Super Contributor
I haven't had the problem but I think some others may have encountered this. I launder mine and only use them on very dark bags. All others get the cheap, white pillowcases. If you don't want to risk dye problems, invest in cheap pillowcases from Dollar Store or Wal Mart. Think I got some from both. There was a great thread not too long ago on the Dooney forum about how others use these bags, they had some good uses for them.
Honored Contributor

Agree, I only use the dark bags on, well, dark bags! Fortunately, other companies use light color bags and, in fact, most are nicer than are Dooney's.. I actually love the storage bags QVC provides with their Gili bags. They're very nice, soft and neutral in color. I've often thought Dooney really could do better!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Bottom line, it's not worth taking the chance that a dark storage bag could bleed onto a lighter leather handbag. It's probably affected by storage conditions (heat, air flow, and moisture) and well as the type of leather and whether the handbags are close together. It might be a rate thing, but you don't want it to happen to your expensive handbag. I always use (washed) light colored pillow cases or pillow protectors for everything but black, dark brown, and dark blue handbags. And if a dark handbag has light colored trim, then I put it into a white pillow case first and then the darker storage bag, so I know it's a dark bag by looking quickly.

By the way, I've had dark dye transfer from dark handbags onto light trim when the trim was pressed up against the dark handbag. The handbag was stored in a white pillow case, so I know the dye didn't come from the storage bag..

Valued Contributor

I took a chance and bought an aqua leather bag from eBay a few years ago. It arrived in the blue bag with ink stains on it. Luckily the seller refunded my money. I never use those bags.

Frequent Contributor

Never have a problem with blue dust bag no color transfer

Honored Contributor

Oh dear, handbag friends, you have me worried about my Dooneys in the blue bags. I have not had any problems with any dye transfer. Maybe because I live in the Chicago area where it's not too hot I am lucky? My bags are climate-controlled (because I need to be so, too!). Wink