Honored Contributor

D&B floral N/S Collins hobo back in stock!!!

Just a HU for those who wished they got it before it sold out...(A216244)

One of those items on the Q that even though they say during the presentation "once they are gone. they are gone...no reorders", it came back! (WATCH THE CURRENT VIDEO)

I got my black one last September...the only D&B bag I paid full retail for and have no regrets...my absolute fave handbag! Smile

Valued Contributor

Re: D&B floral N/S Collins hobo back in stock!!!

Wow what a price!!!

Honored Contributor

On 7/11/2014 tough_kitty said:

Wow what a price!!!

It would have been nice to get it at a *sale* price with free S&H somewhere else. Unfortunately, QVC is the only retailer that sells this bag.

Since I wanted it so much, I was willing to pay the full retail price. I have been extremely lucky with all of my other D&B bags/totes...getting them for between 30-60% off...and many of those with free S&H and no taxes, I can't complain. I have been quite lucky considering about 30% were QVC 'As Is', and I never had to return a handbag or tote either! Smile

You can't see spending $225 on this coated cotton bag, and I can't see spending about $2,000+ on a Gucci, Chanel, LV, etc...no matter what the material is. With that kind of money to be able to spend frivolously on one or two items, I'd rather have a spa built in our bathroom and one on the patio or take an Alaskan cruise! Dreaming of coarse {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Usually (not all of coarse) those who can afford those extremely high end luxuries, already have those things too.

Then there are those who can't see spending money on a D&B bag, even at 50% off...so, to each their own as with everything else Smile

Valued Contributor

SL, I can't see spending $2,000 on Gucci either Smiley Wink but I did spend $2,500 on 10 different handbags recently.....all leather though... $225 for non-leather seems a bit much to me...

and wow, lucky you with all those deals! I wish I could buy bags tax free..... no such thing in California.....but I do get to enjoy the sun, so it's a trade off, I guess Smiley Happy

Wow, you just made me realize something - my plane ticket to Europe cost me $1,050... half the price of a GUCCI bag! Yep, I think I'll stick with MK, DB, GILI AND Enjoy my vacation.... in fact, taking a break from shopping for a year or so.....went way overboard with recent purchases....

Honored Contributor

Though I don't tend toward either hobos or florals, the coated bags are great bags, and I will occasionally spend full retail, but try my darndest to find a sale. Of course, I do that with leather too. As for Gucci, it's not a big draw for me. Then again, many true 'designer' bags aren't as big a draw as they might be. To be sure, there are some labels I love and for which I'd fork over a couple of thousand bucks, but all things considered, this isn't one of them...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...