Respected Contributor

I just saw the violet Florentine Bristol in person. I love the color, but it's not violet. I would call it a perfect hot pink. And yes, since they added it to the sale, I bought it. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} That color and style have been on my 'list' for a while.

Trusted Contributor

I know the bag you're talking about lavender, and it's GORGEOUS!!!!

Congrats!!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Enjoy your new beauty!!!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Respected Contributor

thanks Oneanddone.

Honored Contributor

I am so excited for you, lavender!!!! Congratulations!!!! It is soooooooo beautiful in person. I agree, it's a glowing hot pinkish violet. {#emotions_dlg.tt1} Quite groovy, I think. Three days ago when I got mine, I changed out my bag right away and have been carrying it ever since. It surprisingly goes with many things, and I can see it just popping on an all-black or all-navy outfit. So glad you were able to get the 50% off deal. I don't know if you already have a Bristol, but I find the style quite attractive and enjoy the extra space (ever so slight that it is) as compared to the Pebble Leather Domed Satchel that was a TSV last fall on the Q. My items are not crammed (as they were in the TSV), and full, the Bristol is not too heavy. A perfect bag, especially for you because you like the purple shades! ENJOY IT!!!!

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} EEL

Respected Contributor

EEL: this is my first Bristol. But the style/size/shape is very similar to the original Dillen satchel that is one of my favorites. If they put other colors into the sale or I'm in an outlet I'll probably buy more of the Bristol. I can't wait to use the violet. I'm glad you are enjoying yours.

Super Contributor

LJ, I ADORE that violet color and the Bristol is very attractive.

May I ask where you got it on sale?

Honored Contributor
On 7/6/2014 lavenderjunkie said:

EEL: this is my first Bristol. But the style/size/shape is very similar to the original Dillen satchel that is one of my favorites. If they put other colors into the sale or I'm in an outlet I'll probably buy more of the Bristol. I can't wait to use the violet. I'm glad you are enjoying yours.

I also recommend the Bristol in Chestnut when you're out looking. I got it via the spring sale and when it arrived, I just had to stare at it for awhile...wow! I tucked it away in the closet to use this fall...can't wait! Smile

Respected Contributor

Irishrose: I got my violet Bristol in the Dooney retail boutique in the Westchester in White Plains. They had just been told to add the violet color and the ocean blue color Florentine handbags to the 50% off sale. I got the only violet Bristol they had in stock at that store. Everything in the sale was final sale.

I don't know what other Dooney stores have. Also some of the outlets have the violet Bristol, and from what I've read on another purse forum, the discount was also 50% at the outlets. But, I don't know if the outlets can ship the violet Bristol yet either. When I called last week they weren't permitted to ship this color/style. But that could change, so it's worth a call. I've found the outlets in Clinton, CT, Reading, PA, and Las Vegas to be very helpful.

Just be sure to ask them to check over the handbag for you and also what the return policy will be for that bag (assuming it can be shipped). Not all handbags purchased on sale can be retuned or even exchanged. And it's important to understand that especially when you can't see the handbag in person before you buy it.

Respected Contributor
On 7/7/2014 EdithEllenLily said:
On 7/6/2014 lavenderjunkie said:

I also recommend the Bristol in Chestnut when you're out looking. I got it via the spring sale and when it arrived, I just had to stare at it for awhile...wow! I tucked it away in the closet to use this fall...can't wait! Smile

EEL: I'm hoping they add some other colors to the sale, but I suspect it will be summer colors, not fall colors. I don't own any Chestnut in the Florentine leather, but I do have the saddle color. If the Chestnut was on sale in the Bristol, I would consider buying it. Thanks for the recommendation.

Honored Contributor

I have the larger Florentine domed buckle satchel in chestnut and have considered adding the Bristol in this color at some point. It really is a very lovely dark neutral... and since I ruled out the bone as being too 'custard' have been trying to choose another neutral option in this pretty satchel bag.

Enjoy your new bag, LJ. That color wouldn't be for me, but I can certainly understand, given your moniker, why it would be one you'd love!

Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...