Valued Contributor

Dooney & Bourke Cabriolet Small Taylor Satchel

Anyone else like this bag?

I love my leather handbags but this one in navy looks cute.... although I'm not getting it until it's on sale! Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Re: Dooney & Bourke Cabriolet Small Taylor Satchel

I think I would use it as my grocery shopping bag....lol Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

I really like the look of it, too toughkitty. I would use it as a combination purse/work tote because it's so large. I have to confess that I watch all the Dooney shows, and salivate over most of the handbags - but I have yet to purchase any! I just can't get past the prices - for example, $228 for coated cotton.

Valued Contributor

Well, this particular bag isn't coated cotton, but some other mixture of cotton.... still too expensive.... I bought a few leather bags recently so I'm already addicted Smiley Wink but decided not to buy anymore expensive bags unless they are on sale....

Super Contributor

On 7/5/2014 tough_kitty said:

Well, this particular bag isn't coated cotton, but some other mixture of cotton.... still too expensive.... I bought a few leather bags recently so I'm already addicted Smiley Wink but decided not to buy anymore expensive bags unless they are on sale....

Yeah, I wasn't quite sure of the fabrication, either. But I looked it up and it just says 60% cotton. I guess the fabric is supposed to mimic the top of a Cabriolet car, but I don't know for sure what that feels like, lol! I'm envious of your leather bag collection ... {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Valued Contributor

On 7/5/2014 Colonel Meow said:

Yeah, I wasn't quite sure of the fabrication, either. But I looked it up and it just says 60% cotton. I guess the fabric is supposed to mimic the top of a Cabriolet car, but I don't know for sure what that feels like, lol! I'm envious of your leather bag collection ... {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

CM, you should treat yourself for your birthday! Smile

Super Contributor

Does it still count if my birthday isn't until April? {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Valued Contributor

Does it still count if my birthday isn't until April? {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Yes, it's called "happy belated birthday to me" Cool

Honored Contributor

I loved this bag silhouette in the 1975 coated cotton pattern. It came in a number of colors and in three sizes...

Here's a picture from the web of that one in red. I think this is the large size. I got this one in the large in cobalt but decided a didn't want it that large, so sold it to a friend who wanted it and got the medium, also in cobalt. Have long wished I'd have gotten it in red and in taupe, which was very rich looking! The taupe and cobalt are also pictured below... Again, pics from the web...

This one also came in purple, brown, black, and white and maybe a few other colors, as I recall...

Dooney & Bourke 1975 DB Signature Medium Taylor Shopper, Taupe

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Frequent Contributor

That's really pretty Stevie, is it from a recent season? I think the large would be perfect to haul little Violet's stuff around when we go out.