Honored Contributor
I have been looking at the bristol satchel for a while. Does anyone own one and have comments? I am wanting the new violet color, and am looking for comments on that color also. It looks so pretty, on tv and sells out very fast.
Honored Contributor

Don't have it but have been eyeing it for a while. For me, ivory's the one... I keep hoping to see it elsewhere on sale, but so far, no dice and very few others seem to have the ivory option, though I have seen it elsewhere at the same price but with free shipping. Of course, EP isn't available... It looks to be a beautiful bag, though I wish the outside pocket was a bit larger.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor
Hi stevieb, thank you for your thoughts. I think the ivory is beautiful too. Kind of a toasty color. The violet has been calling my name for a while, but it seems to be sold out. I looked at the saddle florentine, but the bristol is a prettier bag in my opinion. My cell phone is not one of the larger ones, so the outside pocket should be fine.
Super Contributor
Oh, I love the Bristol...I especially love it in the violet as well!!! I think Dooney still has the violet in stock Tissyanne...but still at full price...
Super Contributor

I have the Bristol in both Bone and Chestnut. It is a great bag - perfect size. IMO, the violet is very bright and loud. I have over 80 Dooney's and I put the Bristol in the top 5! Hope that helps...

Super Contributor

Hi Tissyanne - Yes, I own this in the bone. I really like it. It is very similar to the TSV that was offered last fall - the domed satchel that came w/accessories, though this handbag stands a little taller when I compared them side by side. Simply put a very sharp looking bag that is Dooney quality through and through.

Honored Contributor
On 5/23/2014 DianeLovesPurses said:

Hi Tissyanne - Yes, I own this in the bone. I really like it. It is very similar to the TSV that was offered last fall - the domed satchel that came w/accessories, though this handbag stands a little taller when I compared them side by side. Simply put a very sharp looking bag that is Dooney quality through and through.

Hi Diane. It looked a little larger and that's important to me. I have several of the TSV's in pebble with contrasting trim but have been tempted by this one in Florentine ivory and was hoping it was a little larger. Love the bone color. On the fence between this one and Stanwich, also in ivory and with t'moro trim. Love them both, but either way there are trade offs... The Stanwich is larger but has that fold-over top that I dislike, though it's such a gorgeous bag!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

Hi stevieb. I took a looksie at the Stanwich - yes I agree that is a sharp looking handbag!

Honored Contributor
Thanks funwun, I think the size and style are just what I want. I gravitate towards pinks and purples, so the violet is very pretty imo.
Super Contributor

i love bristol.