Regular Contributor

LORD & TAYLOR FRIENDS 25% OFF ON DOONEY

Just went on the Lord and Taylor site and they are offering their friends and family 25% sale and Dooney is eligible. Just ordered the coated cotton floral satchel in Aqua!! Thought you ladies might be interested! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

Re: LORD & TAYLOR FRIENDS 25% OFF ON DOONEY

Thanks for the heads-up. I just went to look, but unfortunately, their Dooney offerings are slim and I note they're also charging shipping. In the past year, I've found ordering from L&T to be somewhat of a disappointment, so even though they have another non-Dooney bag I like, I think I'm going to pass on it. Increasingly, L&T is beginning to strike me as the QVC of brick and mortar stores, in that there's always a catch...

Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Oops, my bad... I see the free shipping kicks in later in the checkout routine! Maybe I'll go ahead with that bag after all...

{#emotions_dlg.blushing}

Respected Contributor

how long is the sale good for?

Super Contributor

On 4/18/2014 stevieb said:

Oops, my bad... I see the free shipping kicks in later in the checkout routine! Maybe I'll go ahead with that bag after all...

{#emotions_dlg.blushing}

So, Stevieb, wanna share? What's the bag that has caught your eye?

Honored Contributor

A few years back, I happened upon a brand I'd not heard of before and that seems to be not widely available called Folli Folie. The bag I got was called a K-Vintage satchel in black and I love the bag. I've long wanted the same bag in orange. These bags are not leather, but are an extremely nice man-made material that is, in my opinion, better than many leathers offered in the marketplace, though is not necessarily competing with better leather bags. Anyway, these bags are pretty pricey for non-leather, so if I'm going to grab it in another color, a sale is the only way! They offer several styles and numerous colors on their website too, but L&T is about the only retailer I've found that carries some of their bags.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the heads-up. I just went to look, but unfortunately, their Dooney offerings are slim and I note they're also charging shipping. In the past year, I've found ordering from L&T to be somewhat of a disappointment, so even though they have another non-Dooney bag I like, I think I'm going to pass on it. Increasingly, L&T is beginning to strike me as the QVC of brick and mortar stores, in that there's always a catch...

Wink

I agree with what you said here. Even in their stores, Dooneys have always been slim Pickens. Nordstrom's is the same way. I find Macy's carries the biggest Dooney selection.
Honored Contributor

On 4/20/2014 BlingQueen022 said:

Wink

I agree with what you said here. Even in their stores, Dooneys have always been slim Pickens. Nordstrom's is the same way. I find Macy's carries the biggest Dooney selection.

Hey Bling... L&T also has a pretty meager choice of Brahmins... They do nicely with a few brands, but even the larger L&T stores don't offer an extensive array of some brands... Last time I was at White Flint, they seemed to have a big variety of Vince Camuto, which for me was sort of a 'go figure', as I don't find his brand 'all that'. They had a nice selection of Lauren, which I love, and Coach (of course, though it's not a favorite) but not much Dooney.