New Contributor

Is Dooney & Bourke skimping on QVC bags

I recently bought the Chevron bag in black/white and happened to be at Macy' the same day and saw the identical bag, or so I thought so. I bought it and decided to compare the two. There were quality differences that really surprised me, from the leather trim around the zippers to the way the straps were connected. I think QVC has an obligation to its customers to announce during the presentation that the bags D&B are outlet store quality. Let the buyer beware.
Super Contributor

Re: Is Dooney & Bourke skimping on QVC bags

From what I've heard the Q chevron bag is larger than the ones at D&B and in the stores so it's not identical. More like a beach bag sized tote.

Esteemed Contributor

The Macy's bag (Leisure Shopper) and the QVC bag (Chevron Tote) are not the same bag. The Tote is 18x11x6 and the shopper is 14x11.5 x 6.5 . I have two Florentine leather satchels in different colors. one purchased from QVC and one directly from Dooney. The bags are identical in every detail.
Valued Contributor

I have always received the impression that Dooney's TSV bags (only the TSVs) are especially made for QVC ... so you won't find that exact bag configuration elsewhere.

This always makes me a bit uneasy about the TSVs because they're immediately identifiable as QVC merchandise and so I'm:

1) a bit embarrassed to carry what anyone in the know will identify as a QVC bag and

2) wondering about the resale value.

Super Contributor

Pagan if you love a particular bag in a brand you like, why would you be ashamed to carry it if it's only available on QVC? And if you love it, why would you worry about resale value? I buy fashion and accessories because I like wearing them...

Esteemed Contributor

Ditto - embarrassed to carry......that's a real nutty prospective. A D&B is a D&B wherever it was made or sold.

Honored Contributor

On 4/17/2014 sciencegeek said:

Pagan if you love a particular bag in a brand you like, why would you be ashamed to carry it if it's only available on QVC? And if you love it, why would you worry about resale value? I buy fashion and accessories because I like wearing them...

ITA! So you may or may not buy expensive D&B TSV bags...because you worry you might be embarrassed carrying them because they are sold on the Q?

Are there other Q products you buy you also feel the same way about?

Ummm...and you post on the Q forums feeling this way?

My head hurts {#emotions_dlg.blink}

Honored Contributor

On 4/17/2014 fthunt said:

Ditto - embarrassed to carry......that's a real nutty prospective. A D&B is a D&B wherever it was made or sold.

IK...right! *Shakes my head*

Valued Contributor

On 4/17/2014 Susan Louise said:

ITA! So you may or may not buy expensive D&B TSV bags...because you worry you might be embarrassed carrying them because they are sold on the Q?

I was just being honest about how I felt.

I'm now deeply sorry that I've previously tried to help you on your Dooney threads. You say thanks on other threads and stab me in the back the first chance you get.

This really isn't the place for me.

Honored Contributor

On 4/28/2014 Pagan said:
On 4/17/2014 Susan Louise said:

I was just being honest about how I felt.

I'm now deeply sorry that I've previously tried to help you on your Dooney threads. You say thanks on other threads and stab me in the back the first chance you get.

This really isn't the place for me.

I don't know what to say...

I still cannot comprehend your views about being embarrassed about carrying a Q TSV handbag...

It makes no sense to me. It is not a stab in the back.

Just like you, I am being honest Smile