Trusted Contributor

I had such high hopes...never thought I'd return so many...

Well, I am disappointed that I've had to return a few Dooneys lately. I had such high hopes for the logo lock hobo - Geranium color was really orange and I didn't want an orange bag, especially when strangers commented on my "bright orange purse." And the banana leaf satchel - the lining was loose and not tacked down inside, with rippling along the inside of the zipper. Whenever I tried to take something out of the purse the lining came with it!

The only newly-purchased Dooney still standing (yes, I always order bags with feet) is the cupcake tote. Color are beautiful, lining intact, so I hope it's a keeper!

Last year I returned a few (the patent leather satchel - looked like a little girl's purse or something I'd pay $25 for at Cato; the retro-embossed leather satchel - felt "plastic-y")

Too late to return the medium front pocket pebble leather satchel -- it's so heavy that it tips over (even with feet) if there is anything in the front pocket. I might try to sell or trade it.

I love most of my other Dooneys but just had a few duds. Hope QVC won't brand me as a serial returner! Believe me, I'm being extra careful from now on.

Occasional Contributor

Re: I had such high hopes...never thought I'd return so many...

I just sent three in for trade-in. Some heavy ones, rarely carried. I put a few others on eBay.
Esteemed Contributor

I read some reviews about the one that 'tips over'. I really like it and considered buying until I read people's comments: way too heavy and (like your experience) said the bag wasn't stable.

I have one D&B bag - would like another - but just don't see anything worth the $$. Either no shoulder strap (or it's so thin and out of proportion to the bag) or has useless horse straps all over which adds more weight - or prissy looking flower covered plastic type material or cross body that's the size of a Kleenex.

I have yet to find the perfect bag.

Esteemed Contributor

P.S. Peter should get some female advisors when designing what HE likes in a bag. I doubt if he carries a handbag!

Amen

Trusted Contributor

Some of you ladies seem to be buying a LOT of expensive handbags. Maybe it's good that you aren't keeping all of them........?

Regular Contributor

Geranium color was really orange and I didn't want an orange bag, especially when strangers commented on my "bright orange purse." Are you saying you wore it and sent it back because of the color?
Honored Contributor

On 4/16/2014 Pollipop said: I just sent three in for trade-in. Some heavy ones, rarely carried. I put a few others on eBay.

Form what little I know about trade-ins, they will give you 50% of the retail value of what it was when it was selling.

What is sad is that they actually throw away those bags...too bad they didn't give them to charity.

I wish they would allow being able to use the credit on the bags that are *on sale* instead of the retail value on the bag.

I guess it's like making your own sale for a new bag you want Smile

Regular Contributor

OP, don't worry about returning a bag you aren't happy with. These bags are too expensive for you to be anything other than thrilled. I've gone through stretches of returns - was sent 3 used bags in a row - and no letter. They say over and over "if you aren't completely happy with it....."
Honored Contributor

For me these bags are Dooney & Broke.

Contributor

On 4/16/2014 GoodStuff said:

Some of you ladies seem to be buying a LOT of expensive handbags. Maybe it's good that you aren't keeping all of them........?

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

{#emotions_dlg.confused1} I don't understand why so many people believe that they are in any position to openly pass comment on other people's buying choices or how much they spend or what they spend it on. Yes, everyone is entitled to an opinion, but, since no one asked for your fiscal advise, keeps those opinions to yourself. No one asked, obviously, no one wants it.