Occasional Contributor

I love the look of this handbag, but I'm afraid it might be too large looking for me as I am on the shorter side - 5' 2". Anyone have any thoughts? Should I just go for it or do you think the bag might look a little overwhelming? I would love any advice.

Honored Contributor

I'm not short...5'8". However, if I was, I wouldn't be concerned with how it looks when I carry it, I buy based upon 3 factors...

1) sale/clearance/"as is" price/deal?

2) Is it a bag I love?

3) Will it suit any of my needs?

I don't concern myself with what others think of what I wear or carry. Most of the folks in my circle of friends/family don't even know who D&B is...LOL

I also have never looked at a short woman that is carrying a large bag "silly"...

If the calf bag will fill needs you have of carrying a lot of things from time to time, get it and enjoy it! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

I'm on the taller side and I have a silhouette very like this in another brand... I rarely use it because the north-south shape isn't among my favorites. If you like the longer bags though, I'm not sure the 13+ inch height would be a deal breaker. Do the pictures of the models carrying it help at all? I will say, I don't think, given the shape, this would work all that well as a shoulder bag, but would be primarily carried by the handles.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

Timberjack,

I just wanted to let you know that if you decide to buy this bag that Macy's has it on sale. I just got it in the Black. I am 5'6" so it is not too big on me.

Dooney & Bourke Handbag, Calf Convertible Shopper -

Web ID: 1265502

Available in Black, British Tan, Sunset

Reg. $298.00
Sale $177.99

Occasional Contributor

Thanks everyone - I took the plunge, and thanks to Vickie00, I got a great deal at Macy's. I got the British Tan - can't wait to get it!