Valued Contributor

Hi everyone. I was just curious where everyone stores their Dooneys. I am looking for some ideas because I am running out of space - ha! I store my Dooneys in their dustbags on the shelf in my closet, but I had to put a few on the floor of my closet because I do not have any more room on the shelf. What do you all do? Thanks!

Super Contributor

I have a metal coat tree and have some hanging from that in the bags in my bedroom. But I do have a metal shelf set from HSN and have that set up in a small bedroom and putting some on that,I think I should stop buying at least for awhile.

Contributor

I keep mine in clear plastic, air tight, under the bed boxes.

Valued Contributor

I put a metal shelving unit with 5 shelves in my extra bedroom for my Dooneys and shoes. I also keep some of them hanging from a hall tree.

Respected Contributor

I bought some Big Totes from Target and keep them in those in their sleeping bags. Have the totes behind my bedroom door to try to hide them.

Respected Contributor

I rotate 4 of them and that is the max I will hang in the closet. If I want a new one, one gets traded in.

Trusted Contributor

Mine sit on the closet shelf. I'd like to hang them in the closet cause they're so purdy, but alas the closet is too small.

Esteemed Contributor

I use my linen closet for Dooneys & my extra books. I am only buy the ones I can't live without now. I went overboard.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Frequent Contributor

My Dooneys are in their dust bags (soon to be replaced by white pillow cases) in my closet on the top shelf. But I've gone a bit overboard too and am looking for more space. I need to rein myself in.

I was reading Sue Clifton's FB page and a couple of ladies posted they had 100 plus Dooneys. I would love to know where/how they store this many!

Susan

Occasional Contributor
Never store leather bags in plastic. Leather needs to breathe. It's also not a good idea to store coated cotton in plastic either. This could cause cracking. The best way is to keep them in their dust bags in a cool, dry area.