Honored Contributor

I just ordered a D&B florentine bag on *clearance*...

It will be my 3rd florentine bag. (A220192) and I ordered the navy. This bag had been on my wishlist for quite awhile. Last night when I saw at the top of the Q links about the "Luxury Handbag Clearance" of coarse I just HAD to browse...just innocent virtual window shopping I thought {#emotions_dlg.blink}...

Until I saw this bag on clearance. I REALLY tried to find it elsewhere...at least at a better price/sale so I didn't have to pay taxes and/or S&H. After watching the video, and finding out there was only a few dozen left in the navy, I was convinced I HAD to get it. Although there might be a straggler or two out in the stores somewhere, I don't want to have to resort to getting it on EBay

I LOVE the particular shade of navy of this bag in the video. The color of the navy in the video is not the same as the individual pic that shows when you click on the color swatch...that one is actually the "marine blue" which is sold out (I don't like that color in this bag). If you watch the video, you'll see the difference.

Anyway, although I wish I could have gotten the bag at a better price, I am at least glad I got it before it was gone! It isn't even available in any color on the D&B website. I like the 2 outside pockets and the rounded shape on top better than the very similar A217334 which is squared off at the top.

I did check out the "as is" ones available, (A225361), but in this case, (even if there was a navy one) since this particular bag is not available anywhere else, I didn't want to risk not being able to get a good one before they sold out completely.

Happy camper here {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Respected Contributor

Re: I just ordered a D&B florentine bag on *clearance*...

Hope your new navy handbag is a winner. Enjoy it. The more you use it the better value it becomes. The Florentine E/W pocket satchel that you ordered is my favorite style of Florentine handbag.

Honored Contributor

Hi Lavenderjunkie...Thanks! I am looking forward to getting it and appreciate knowing it's your fave too

Respected Contributor

SL: I'll admit to owning that handbag in multiple colors. {#emotions_dlg.blush} And if I found more colors I wanted at the right price, I'd buy them too. This particular style is really functional for me with the large and secure outside pocket for quick access to keys and the easy access to the inside with the shape it holds (no fold over) and the zipper.

Occasional Contributor

Saw the bag in ""clearance"" and loved it. Great choice. Florentines are so beautiful but that one is really special.

Enjoy!

Super Contributor

Enjoy it SL! So glad you were able to get a bag on your Wish List!!! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Enjoy your new bag! I completely understand that sometimes we just have to make sure we get something we really, really want, but boy, it sure would be nice if 'clearance' here meant the same thing others mean when they put something on 'clearance'!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Occasional Contributor

enjoy your new handbag.

Respected Contributor

I have this bag and LOVE it! It's a great size and shape, and the leather just gets better with time. The navy is stunning! Enjoy!!
Super Contributor

Congratulations. May you have a long and prosperous friendship.