Super Contributor

Dooney and bourke outlet store

I have one locally and I would like to know if it is worth the travel. What has your experience been?

Honored Contributor

Re: Dooney and bourke outlet store

I think it's very worth it. I've gotten some great deals when I've gone. Sadly I'm now a good 5 hours from the closest outlet.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

I would think the quality might be different from what you're used to...and there's a chance they might be counterfeit. Inspect each bag very carefully. But if you see something you like & would enjoy....that's what's important. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

You really think a Dooney store is going to sell counterfeit Dooney bags? I don't.

Respected Contributor

On 1/24/2014 jaxs mom said:

You really think a Dooney store is going to sell counterfeit Dooney bags? I don't.

I don't either.

Respected Contributor

I have 10 minutes from my house. They do not sell counterfit bags. In fact they sell the same bags they sell in the department stores except the styles are about 6 to 8 month behind. One time I was in there and they had some Dooney's that were made escpecially for QVC. I recognized the bag and had seen it presented on QVC. Between Thanksgiving and Christmas they have 1/2 off. The last time I went I got a florentine and a hobo for a total of less than $300.00. The Dooney Outlet is better than the Coach outlet I think because Coach sells bags just made for the outlet sometimes.
Honored Contributor

Every bag I've bought from the Dooney outlet came with a registration card and I registered the bag.

Respected Contributor

I have never encountered a counterfeit Dooney at a Dooney Outlet Store. I have had nothing but wonderful experiences. I would recommend making the trip. Happy handbag shopping!
Super Contributor

I just ordered 2 Toledo hobos from the DB website. Looks like I should have waited.

Super Contributor

I have one that I go to and they have great quality bags - NO counterfeits at all - they would be in huge trouble legally. Matter of fact I picked up some fabulous Florentine bags that are out of this world and the leather is thick, luscious and supple. They periodically run sales as well - eg: every red, white or blue bag was another percentage off the ticket price (forget which holiday but think it might have been Memorial Day). GO! Wink