Regular Contributor

My First and Last New Years Day Dillards Sale!!

OMG... I traveled one hour one way in drizzling rain on a freeway, behind big 18 wheel trucks to get to this sale, my first AND LAST New Years sale!! that place was a fricken ZOO. I got there around 10 am....all the name brand bags, MK, Dooney, Brahmin, Cole Haan that had been on sale had been cleaned out. I was strolling around looking for other bags, Tigs or The Sak bags, a lady came over to put some non name brand bags on a table and I reached over to pick one up and a lady next to me grabbed it right out of my hand. I looked at her, {#emotions_dlg.glare}and I left the store. {#emotions_dlg.mad} It was pure madness. I have no patience for that sort of "swarm" and nonsense.

The good news is that I got to go see a good friend who lives in Stockton. We were supposed to go to this together but she had to work NYE and didn't get off work until 6 am.... and had worked a 12 hour shift. So I went by myself to Dillards and then to her place after she had her "cat nap". It was great seeing her and her family again... and that was the ONLY pleasant part of the day.

Then drove another hour home, in drizzling rain with even MORE 18 wheelers and more traffic. Its cold and dark and damp here. I am going to park myself in front of the heater with Mackie (my scottie who would climb INSIDE the heater if he could) and I am going to just zone out the rest of the evening.

Congrats to those of you who had success at the Dillards sale Good job!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} I don't have the temperment.