Honored Contributor

review of the design of the month watch

Got mine today - I got the gold color. It is absolutely beautiful, I love it , love the shape, the MOP face -and the DMQ stones are a very nice believeable size, all of it with one exception - it is rather large and heavy. I read the size carefully before i ordered it so I knew it would not be a small delicate piece but it is larger than I expected.And also , is somewhat heavy. However, this is not a big enough issue for me to want to return it. I do realize that larger watch faces are more in style these days.

This watch is also very versatile as far as sizing goes as it has three clasps that come with it so you can make it fit anyone.

Respected Contributor

Re: review of the design of the month watch

I think this watch is lovely and a good price, too. I wish it had "American" numbers instead of Roman numbers. Even no numbers, maybe just a dot or a gem at each hour, would be preferable to me. I don't "get" Roman numbers on watches. I mean, I know how to translate, but I would rather not have to.

Honored Contributor

It's a pretty watch and a great price.

I noticed the September DMQ Design of the Month, the bangle, is marked down to $19.96 now.

Honored Contributor

On 9/5/2014 brii said:

I noticed the September DMQ Design of the Month, the bangle, is marked down to $19.96 now.

I think you mean the July bangle? I did not like that piece at all.

Honored Contributor

Diamonique 2.00cttw Bezel Set Stainless Steel Bangle - J295946

Yes, it was July. August was the band ring.

Honored Contributor

I may have to reconsider the watch - I showed it to DH and he said it looked masculine - YIKES. He thought it was pretty but just too big.

Honored Contributor

I watched the video on this piece and they keep saying it is great all day and then for evening wear. I would have to say it is too large for evening wear and I don't think a watch is appropriate jewelry for a cocktail or dressier dress not matter what size it is. Just my opinion.

Super Contributor

On 9/5/2014 suzeecat said:

I think this watch is lovely and a good price, too. I wish it had "American" numbers instead of Roman numbers. Even no numbers, maybe just a dot or a gem at each hour, would be preferable to me. I don't "get" Roman numbers on watches. I mean, I know how to translate, but I would rather not have to.

When you say "American", if you are referring to the types of numbers we see everyday, then those are actually "Arabic" numbers. The term "Arabic" refers to the origin of the numbering system that we use now and which was developed thousands of years ago.

Honored Contributor

On 9/5/2014 brii said:

Ya; I saw that too and was a bit miffed since I bought it at around $30.{#emotions_dlg.mad}

Honored Contributor

On 9/5/2014 suzeecat said:

I love Roman numerals on a watch. They're so elegant. It's nice the watch is heavy, a sign of good solid stainless steel. When properly sized, you don't even notice the weight of a watch. You adjust to them very rapidly. The husband ought to see the watches they're making for men, Up to 2" in diameter.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment