Occasional Contributor

I have three Diamonique rings I have bought at QVC about three years ago, one is the three-stone princess cut ring, one is a Judith Ripka introductory price three-stone, and one is a solitaire with stones along the side.

All of these are cloudy. Were there some problems with Diamonique doing this in the past few years? I paid lots for these and recently bought a fourth Diamonique ring that I worry will also go cloudy. I am probably not going to buy more Diamonique at this point.

I would like to know WHY this cloudiness might occur. I am wondering if it is because I store them in a tarnish-free ring box.......

Has anyone else had a problem with Diamonique stones getting cloudy?

Your thoughts are appreciated.

Super Contributor

Mine get cloudy when they need to be cleaned. Take a toothbrush (one that you will only use for cleaning jewelry) and a little bit of Dawn and gently brush the stone and UNDERNEATH and all around the stone and setting. Run it back under warm water and dry with a microfiber cloth. It will look good as new. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I'm assuming you have cleaned the stones... try a soft tooth brush and some dish washing liquid. That won't harm the settings and should get all the grease and dirt off. Then rinse with warm water and dry the items. Diamonique shouldn't get cloudy. If it does, contact CS. There is a lifetime warranty on the stones. They will instruct you on what to do.

Super Contributor
On 3/18/2014 lavenderjunkie said:

I'm assuming you have cleaned the stones... try a soft tooth brush and some dish washing liquid. That won't harm the settings and should get all the grease and dirt off. Then rinse with warm water and dry the items. Diamonique shouldn't get cloudy. If it does, contact CS. There is a lifetime warranty on the stones. They will instruct you on what to do.

Yes, the toothbrush bristles can swipe away dirt, grease, lotion, etc. underneath the stone which is usually why it appears cloudy.

Super Contributor

Gemstones also appear cloudy when they are scratched. I don't like to use toothbrushes on my jewelry; try to find a softer brush. I often just use a Q-tip.

Also, toothbrushes will scratch your settings.

Super Contributor

If you buy a toothbrush with a soft head it should be fine. If it's good enough for the enamel on my teeth it's fine for a Diamonique stone.

Super Contributor

The real diamond in my engagement ring gets cloudy all the time, but it only takes a soak in warm soapy water and a quick scrub with a soft toothbrush to get it like new again. My Diamonique is just the same. The cloudiness is grease and dirt, not a fault in the stone (as far as my jewelry goes, anyway).

Super Contributor
It seems like Diamonique gets dirty quicker than real diamonds.
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the feedback.

I soaked the rings in a Dixie cup in warm water and some Dawn for about ten min. I have a baby toothbrush I saved from when my kids were young and used that.

I think they are going to be fine.

I would like to know what y'all think about the virtues of the anti-tarnish jewelry boxes. Do you think they are worthwhile. Also, I have some anti-tarnish paper strips, what do you think about using them.

Super Contributor
On 3/18/2014 Bikkie said:

If you buy a toothbrush with a soft head it should be fine. If it's good enough for the enamel on my teeth it's fine for a Diamonique stone.

Toothbrushes are designed to help remove coffee stains and things like that, though. Most jewelry doesn't need to be scrubbed.

Lilarose, I like the anti-tarnish jewelry boxes. I don't think the little paper strips do much, but I use those, too.