Esteemed Contributor

I AM NOT A LISA BASHER BUT...

However, is she the only one who can do the big name designers? And I'd so, if she owns all the pieces she claims to own, does she get a special discount? I would be bankriupt!
Respected Contributor

Re: I AM NOT A LISA BASHER BUT...

QVC had their first team on tv all day. Judith likes to present with Lisa R. Lisa is very good at her job. Judith R is QVC most successful designer.

Honored Contributor

I'd imagine she's been collecting for the many years she's been working there and I'd guess they do get discounts... and that her bank account is intact.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I do realize JR likes Lisa. I didn't realize JR is their most successful designer. I purchased a few pieces years ago when her items were still affordable. I watched some of Carol Bixny last. Night for the first time. Lovely stuff
Esteemed Contributor

Correction: Barbara Bixby I have a friend named Carol Bixby. Never heard of her husband. I hope his heart surgery goes well
Honored Contributor

On 2/2/2014 lousgirl84 said: I do realize JR likes Lisa. I didn't realize JR is their most successful designer. I purchased a few pieces years ago when her items were still affordable. I watched some of Carol Bixny last. Night for the first time. Lovely stuff

Do you mean Barbara Bixby? If so, yes hers were the only pieces this time out that showed me much of anything. The other designers seemed to present pretty bland merchandise, overall.

Trusted Contributor

If Lisa was the only host to do designer shows, she would have been hosting for the last 24 hours. I think these designers love working with her and I think the hosts get a lot of the products that they present free sent to them before they are presented. I enjoy Lisa and thought she looked stunning tonight.
Honored Contributor

I'm guessing that the big designers often REQUEST who they want to work with. The hosts must get to know the designers pretty well over the years and even become friends sometimes. For instance, Jill Bauer said Carolyn Pollack was a bridesmaid in her wedding years ago! I'm pretty sure they make requests.

Super Contributor

I only watched the beginning of both of Judith's shows with Lisa and was not impressed with either. She seemed totally disinterested, not her usual a&& kissing self with Judith, it seemed strained, and she did a terrible job explaining the TSV. I didn't understand it at all until I saw Jane's presentation yesterday. I got the same feel from last nigh's lackluster performance, she doesn't explain the jewelry the way Antonella or Jill or Jane do, she just says everything is beautiful, etc. She really turned me off so I turned her off both shows, didn't watch either.

Honored Contributor

No matter who's hosting, Judith's shows have become boring to me... I mean really, how much is there to say, especially since she's on so frequently these days and the vast majority of what she totes along to hawk involves yet another piece featuring fake diamonds...