Trusted Contributor

Those who support Dennis Basso

I am watching a PBS program right now about the luxury Claridge Hotel in London. They featured Dennis and his husband who are paying the American equivalent of $7773 for a one night stay including a butler. So he must need those recent price increases more than you do.

Honored Contributor

Re: Those who support Dennis Basso

.......huh??? He's a wealthy man. Is that a bad thing? I don't think anyone here supports him, I'm pretty sure he makes his own money....
Valued Contributor

On 2/8/2015 chrystaltree said: .......huh??? He's a wealthy man. Is that a bad thing? I don't think anyone here supports him, I'm pretty sure he makes his own money....
What she said.... Not sure what's the purpose of this post.....
Valued Contributor

He is a designer. Of course he is rich! Wish I were rich too....but not going to happen.... in the meantime, I'm enjoying DB fabulous suede trench coats at a clearance price under $90 each!
Honored Contributor

Dennis Basso spends his own money; money he earned through his own initiative. What he spends it on is no one's business but his own.

I have no issue with that. Not like I do with some of our Congressman and other public servants spending the taxpayers' money to support their luxurious lifestyles and decorate their offices in the style of "Downton Abbey" (check the recent news).

BTW, I have a Dennis Basso raincoat that is superbly made and still looks like new several years on. He earned his money! (Do you have an issue with other self-made rich people or is it just him?)

Honored Contributor

"money he earned through his own initiative," which is the tortuous slaughtering of innocent animals so that humans can wear their fur, which belongs only on them, the innocent animals.

Valued Contributor

On 2/8/2015 mousiegirl said:

"money he earned through his own initiative," which is the tortuous slaughtering of innocent animals so that humans can wear their fur, which belongs only on them, the innocent animals.

If this is true, then I choose not to support Basso{#emotions_dlg.mad}

Regular Contributor

I get your point. It's egregious. And he televised it.

He always stresses the ridiculously low prices for which his items are sold on the Q. He is an extraordinary sales person.

Valued Contributor

An incendiary thread about Dennis Basso even without a QVC appearance today.
Contributor

Dennis Basso was a high end designer before he came to QVC. I miss those old Robin Leach Lifestyles of the Rich & Famous shows! It's fun to see how rich people live, I think Joan Rivers did a similar show not so long ago! I don't begrudge anyone that style because I am happy with who I am and how I live!!!!!