Trusted Contributor

Help, please with smell of OTO Basso Platinum throws!

Last year's Christmas TSV Platinum throw was beautiful. I did not purchase then. Had my eye on them and they finally were offered as a OTO with Lisa on her Christmas show about a week or so ago. Ordered many. The first one arrived last night-gray--the smell is horrific. It does not look used. It is very dull and matted, I know, from packing. Do any of you have an experience with this?? I am soooo disappointed as I have wanted one for a long time. I also ordered several lesser priced ones that came with a leopard box and were also presented as OTO on Jill's show a week or so before Lisa's. They are soft and had NO odor. Please advise. Thanks.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Help, please with smell of OTO Basso Platinum throws!

I ordered the blonde platinum tsv last year and it does not have an odor. I ordered the gray and mink OTO on Lisa's Christmas show. They were going to be gifts. The gray is still in the plastic so I opened it up and it does have an odor. I pulled the mink out of a drawer (it's been out of the plastic for awhile) and it has a slight odor. I think it's from the plastic bag - hard telling how long they have been in those bags. If you like it, I would air it out for a few days and then I would wash it (this throw should be air dried due to the fur). If it still has the odor you can return it. I really love my blond throw. It has a nice weight and it feels wonderful. I'm debating keeping the mink for myself, but will wait until after Lisa's posh show because there is going to be another platinum throw. She mentioned it on her facebook page.