Super Contributor

Please go back to the fur styles of a few years ago.

I do not like way he is manipulating into rosettes and the like. It looks so fake to me. How about a nice sheared mink look that is timeless.

Super Contributor

Re: Please go back to the fur styles of a few years ago.

I like the rosettes, but yes, everything should have some variety.
Frequent Contributor

I AGREE! I wrote to Dennis a few years ago and he actually answered. I was asking for an essential light weight faux fur swing coat with a stand collar -- very basic in black and also in a nice ranch mink color. He said that I would be very happy to know that he was planning on bringing a few very closely sheared faux mink styles to the Q. Needless to say, I was very excited and couldn't wait for them to be offered -- but when the styles appeared, they were all in patterns (mostly animal print). I know he is a premier designer -- but sometimes less is more, and we just want basic, but done with the DB quality behind it.

Trusted Contributor

Dennis Basso Diamond Textured Faux Fur A-line Coat

This is the only DB coat that I own. It has a diamond pattern and it is just beautiful. I do agree that he needs to have a large variety of styles. I'm not sure I'll be buying any more of his coats because I live in such a mild climate, but if I ever do, I think I'd like a coat that doesn't have any pattern at all.

Member Since 11/20/2008
Esteemed Contributor

I also am not fond of the furs with the different patterns in them. I do agree that they look kind of cheap looking. My DB full length coat is a black sheared mink look. Very classic and I love it but I guess he needs to keep introducing new styles to being in new buyers who may want a different look.
Honored Contributor

...apparently they are cheaper to produce. I never cared for his QVC items anyway. I'd give anything to have Pamela McCoy's faux furs back. They were amazing and truly had the look of ""real"".

New Contributor

I have a Dennis Basso full length tuxedo mink coat I bought at least 7 years ago. My problem is it was a size 1x and I am now a size M/L .....I want to know if there is a way to have this re-sized?? The coat is so big and long it touches the ground & wraps around me twice..... Thanks for any help that may be given!!

Esteemed Contributor

From a fashion industry perspective the look of wearing fur (real or faux) with the hair looking like it was cut right off the animal is taboo and out. Most fur designers are doing things like the rosettes, dying the coats colors animals are not, cutting and shearing the pelts so that the eyes notice the design first and the coat being a fur is secondary. Since Dennis tries to translate what he's doing in real fur into his QVC collection this would explain why there are so many sheared patterned coats, and very few if any simple ones like he used to do.

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/25/2014 Trix said:

From a fashion industry perspective the look of wearing fur (real or faux) with the hair looking like it was cut right off the animal is taboo and out. Most fur designers are doing things like the rosettes, dying the coats colors animals are not, cutting and shearing the pelts so that the eyes notice the design first and the coat being a fur is secondary. Since Dennis tries to translate what he's doing in real fur into his QVC collection this would explain why there are so many sheared patterned coats, and very few if any simple ones like he used to do.

In some cases, maybe, but I have a faux mink hooded coat by Adrienne Landau that looks so real I get stares when I wear it. It's only two or so years old.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a DB coat from QVC that I purchased about 7 years ago. The outside is leather and it still looks brand new. The inside and collar are faux fur. The sleeves roll up to have a fur cuff. When I first got the coat, the fur looked so real. People would stop me and "oooohhh" and "ahhhhhh" over it. Now the interior still looks like real fur, but the collar and cuffs which have been exposed to the elements now scream, "FAKE FUR!!!!!" So, it's time to start looking for something else. It was good while it lasted. Smiley Happy

Not sure that I will go for another DB--at least not one with exposed fur because I really don't like the way this one has stood the test of time.