Honored Contributor

I'm in a color rut on my pants

I basically live in black or dark denim pants. This winter I did buy some deep olive and forest green pants. But I'm at a loss for summer pants colors. I generally wear color on my tops and keep the pants neutral. None of my tops come from QVC so there is no chance of matching them up. I'm looking for new colors to work back with coral pink, teal and turquoise but I don't want matching shades. I'm a deep autumn and normally my colors are black, burgundy wine, navy, dark olive, teal, turquoise, orange and oatmeal. I'd consider getting a pair of white pants but I can just see the cat and dog hair stuck to them.

Someone help me find a color to get me out of the black and denim rut.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Valued Contributor

Re: I'm in a color rut on my pants

Chocolate brown, moss green, charcoal gray

Trusted Contributor

My favorite summer neutral for pants is a medium to dark tan or beige.
Respected Contributor

I'm in the same rut...black, dark denim and navy.
Honored Contributor

Yes, I'm thinking maybe the lighter taupe or khaki ? I might even succumb to trying white.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

I'm in the same rut, but not making any changes in pants. I'm working on adding more color in the tops. Khaki pants is a good place to start to get out of the rut.
Honored Contributor

A butter yellow will go with your shirts as will any shade of brown. If you buy denim, you won't have a big problem with animal fur. It just doesn't much stick to denim.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

Navy, khaki, tan. These colors play well with all the other colors!

Respected Contributor

Definitely navy. I wear nearly anything and everything with it except maybe brown. Denim or regular navy blue.

Esteemed Contributor

Navy? Gray? Have you considered expanding to these colors?

I wear my 'uniform' black pants or black jeans most of the time -- but mix in taupe/stone, navy, ink jeans and gray. I bought olive pants this winter, but it didn't flow with my wardrobe. Great for a lot of people, though.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau