New Contributor

Frustrated over very long tops

I am 5'1" the new longer tops look ridiculous on me. Regular tops are tunics on me and tunics could be dresses (if I wore them on the short side). Every top I have bought in the last couple of years I have had to have altered at $15 each. This means they are not cost effective. I have stopped ordering tops from QVC and will not order any more until this trend ends - hopefully it will end soon. Anyone else frustrated with this particular issue? Perhaps tops should be sized like pants - every size come in a short and a long option or at least a FEW options of this nature.

Valued Contributor

Re: Frustrated over very long tops

I am 5'2"" so I get how you feel. Look at SG and all of her tops come down to her knees. She thinks she makes it OK by saying ""It covers everything you want covered."" No it is not OK. If she would spend her time looking at herself on the QVC shows she would know it isn't a good look. I refuse to buy any clothing from QVC.

Honored Contributor

The Q has zillions of tops that aren't tunci length.

Super Contributor

Some of us don't worry about "coverage" but it's all they ever say and all they make are coverage tops, especially Graver. Look at herself? Really? If she actually did, and faced facts, the long top would be the least of her worries. But she lives in her own little world where no one else matters.
Honored Contributor

I can understand your concerns. My mother is the same height and has issues with length. I on the other hand, think there are not enough long shirts. I'm 5'5" and won't wear anything shorter than 29" or its too short.
Frequent Contributor

And I'm on the other end...I'm frustrated that there aren't enough long tops. I definitely need a 'long' tunic if i want it to hit properly. But even the regular shirts for tucking in end up being too short for me. And I'm not overly tall..5 7 1/2...but just the way I'm built it's hard to get shirts that work well.

So I definitely wish that they'd make petite/short, regular tall/long in more of the tops. It's hard in either situation.

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/9/2015 faeriemoon said:

The Q has zillions of tops that aren't tunci length.

Liz Claiborne tops - more often than not - are too short. I prefer having my tush covered! It might be a good line for the OP to check out.

Respected Contributor

why don't you just buy petite tops?

i will second ibb38's suggestion to buy liz clairborne ... they are always way too short for me!

Frequent Contributor

I'm 5'9" and tunics are a blessing to me! If it's shorter than 30", I'm not interested! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Respected Contributor

I agree. Tops on average size women are too long. If you want a long top, buy a tunic. Long and tunic tops IMO make your torso look too long and your legs look short - all out of proportion. As for wanting to "cover" everything, sometimes that just accentuates and draws more attention to and makes that part look bigger.