Regular Contributor

Disappointed in pricing trends on Denim & Co

Just have to say how disappointed I am that Denim & Co pricing is going up. Had looked forward to today (a Denim & Co TSV day with lots of Denim & Co shows) and I had noticed that one of my favorite spring shirts had been added in a new color... yeah! So, I waited for today to order ... thinking it might go on a "buy more and save" promo with all the shows and that I could grab a couple of colors. But, no, to my disappointment the shirt's price increased overnight (seriously, I looked this shirt up just yesterday) from $29.00 (already a normal, not an intro/featured price) to $31.50 and there is no special pricing offered (a231995). Really????

Frequent Contributor

Re: Disappointed in pricing trends on Denim & Co

It's not just D&C. The Q has pretty much priced me out of their market on clothing. By the time I add $10 for S/H & sales tax the price has run up to $50-$60 per item for things I wouldn't give a second glance in B&M over the price of $20 or $30, $40 tops.

Respected Contributor

....so, just buy one. Every thing in life goes up in price. You know that. Why should QVC be any different?

Honored Contributor

I have also noticed that all the clothing lines at the Q seem to have increased prices lately. While I understand prices do go up, I find that I can buy similar pieces out in stores for less, especially if I am looking for something similar to D & Co. or SG. I think those 2 brands are getting overpriced.
Esteemed Contributor

I SO agree with you. I almost purchased a pair of pull on jeans for spring yard work and couldn't bring myself to push the button. The final cost was going to be around $40. I just couldn't see paying that much for those kind of pants. I don't mind paying a fair amount for clothing but I don't like to feel gouged. And a lot of the reviews mentioned inconsistent sizing.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

A plain tee shirt for $32? Forget it.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Trusted Contributor

The prices have gone up a lot,so I just don't buy that much anymore.Have been with qvc many years.As a caller said all the fashions have skyrocketed.

Respected Contributor

I own that shirt (in pink) and it is one of my favorites too. This will be my third spring/summer wearing it and it still looks like new.

Valued Contributor

I think with all the new styles, fabrics, etc. prices will go up.......the price of everything goes up, no matter what it is.

I am loving the new fashions, and I think the quality is great, so I still buy. Compared to the poorly made clothing in most stores, I think Denim& Co. is a great deal.

Honored Contributor

On 1/21/2015 Chrystaltree said:

....so, just buy one. Every thing in life goes up in price. You know that. Why should QVC be any different?

While this is true, but most of your Dept. Stores have sales on their items, the Q never has a sale, until it is on Clearance, and then it broken sizes and colors to select!

I agree D & Co., prices have really risen, but the selection has gone down on what I like!